News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook D 15 Intel laptop review: Inexpensive quiet runner

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2023, 17:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei's MateBook D 15 office laptop convinces with a low price of 549 Euros, remains exceptionally quiet with high system performance, and offers a chic metal casing with a sufficiently bright matte IPS display. The keyboard and touchpad of the very portable 15.6-inch notebook are also convincing, but the fast LPDDR4X RAM is not expandable.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-D-15-Intel-laptop-review-Inexpensive-quiet-runner.697286.0.html

Neenyah

8 GB RAM in 2023? Good luck with that. I have Photoshop and InDesign open now with a relatively small sized-project (A3 sized 300 DPI posters) and 11.3 GB of RAM is taken only by them. Wont even comment this joke with anything less than 16 and April 1 is still far away.

Neenyah

I mean, if you want to just browse web and watch vids you can do it for less money on a far better screen with many smartphones and tablets... Where a lot of them in offer also have more RAM 😅

Hunter2020

I bought this laptop in May of last year.  I can confirm everything in this review is true... BUT the screen is a lot more horrible. If you want to edit office documents or surf the web, the screen is very fine.  Until you want to watch movies and it's a no go.  The picture quality is very horrible if you are looking for good multi-media experience.  Matebook D 15 uses a screen made by Taiwanese company AUO (AU Optronics), while the more flagship Matebook 14 uses a BOE screen from mainland China.  In other words, Huawei uses cheap screens for budget lineups and expensive (but better looking screens) for flagship lineups!

NikoB

AUO makes first class screens. The question of what the laptop manufacturer will order is not an AUO problem. BOE is no better.

Well, this product, against the background of even the early reviewed Ideapad 3 with the R5 5625U, looks like complete garbage. In our retail chains, such models from Huawei are lying around in warehouses and covered with dust ...

LL

QuoteI bought this laptop in May of last year.  I can confirm everything in this review is true... BUT the screen is a lot more horrible. If you want to edit office documents or surf the web, the screen is very fine.  Until you want to watch movies and it's a no go.

Well that is what happen with 59% sRGB...
100% sRGB is the minimum if you want a multi propose laptop.

Neenyah

Hunter2022

AUO does NOT make first class screen.  Matebook D 15 is a BUDGET laptop that is why Huawei picked AUO as the screen supplier.  You will never find an AUO screen in a top tier Huawei notebook.

NikoB

AUO was the first on the market to make 4k@120Hz, also with miniLED. It has visually better screens, but more often problems with backlit bleeding. Unlike LG, all other manufacturers do not guarantee "Flicker Free" panels (you need to check it), but LG has a traditional problem - poor viewing angles in a mass average panel.

If there are no backlit bleeding and flickering, I will prefer AUO than LG, and even more so BOE.

Hunter2020

Meh, AUO doesn't even have an OLED factory, while BOE abundant of the latest gen OLED manufacturing supplying Apple and Huawei phones!  AUO inferior Taiwanese display company, that is y Huawei NEVER uses AUO screens in top line notebooks instead uses BOE from mainland China that is about to (or has already) surpassed Samsung in LCD screen shipments!

Oleksa

Hunter2020, Would now compare OLED (which are horror at the level of old tn, with a pile of minuses) with IPS ))))

NikoB

Manufacturers who do not make amoled are the most honest and care about the eyes of buyers. This is a dead end technology.

We are waiting for microLED.

Hunter2020

Most honest my rear end.  BOE has the latest gen of OLED manufacturing technique, something that even SAMSUNG struggling to make.  Just like Intel chips and nuclear power plants, there are successive generations of the making of it and BOE is ahead of everyone else.  It's all about who has the ability to pull off the latest high technology.  If you all want inferior IPS screens, please go kiss AUO butt!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview