News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple A17 Bionic to beat Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 in the 3 nm race

Started by Redaktion, February 22, 2023, 14:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 is expected to outperform the A16 Bionic in terms of CPU. It appears, however, that Apple's next-gen chipset, the A17 Bionic has secured production priority on TSMC's 3 nm node, with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and Dimensity 9300 seemingly set to continue on TSMC's 4 nm processes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-A17-Bionic-to-beat-Qualcomm-s-Snapdragon-8-Gen-3-in-the-3-nm-race.696421.0.html

Grizzly Adams

Putting 3nm in an iPhone is like putting a Formula 1 engine in a soccer mom's SUV. iOS is an absolute dumpster-fire of an OS. Hasn't changed in 15 years. Enjoy less. I'll have better. Thanks.

Silvio B.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Silvio B. on February 22, 2023, 20:11:17Why does Apple not use M1 and M2 on iphones ? They work fine on ipads.
Thanks.

Huh? Heat and power of course. They would run far too hot and destroy battery life in a tiny phone. Why not ask why we don't see Raptor Lake mobile in a phone.

Randy chan

As the saying goes, the best get better and over the years apple iphones keep being superior compared to premium android phones. And add to that, Apple iphone 15 will get the 3 nm process chip set before anyone else. And even when android phones do get the 3 nm process chip, Apple will still be the leader in real world performance since it's clear that their iOS OS is superior to the android OS.

Randy chan

Regarding the upcoming Qualcomm snapdragon 8 gen 3 outperforming the current Apple A16 bionic chip set is controversial since iphones running off their iOS OS have superior hardware -software optimization and efficiency vs android based phones. So even if the 8 gen 3 has the higher spec stats, overall the A16 bionic powering the iphone 14 pro and max models may have better overall performance since iphones have historically have less issues such as hiccups, bloatware, viruses and other issues that hamper real world performance that the average person may encounter. Another thing worth mentioning, iphones with 3300 mAh batteries have been known to outlast android based phones fitted with 5000 mAh batteries.

Shane Handy

Quote from: Grizzly Adams on February 22, 2023, 17:37:51Putting 3nm in an iPhone is like putting a Formula 1 engine in a soccer mom's SUV. iOS is an absolute dumpster-fire of an OS. Hasn't changed in 15 years. Enjoy less. I'll have better. Thanks.

And you think Android is better? Calling iOS, a dumpster fire compared to Android is laughable. iOS is much more refined and has a much smoother experience. Android is so diluted with all of these OEM's putting their own spy/adware and their poor refined and supported updates.

If you haven't noticed iPhones can be used for 5+ years because of their overpowered hardware and continuous support.

Android phones need very powerful hardware just to be able to last 2 years.

NotAnAppleFan

Quote from: Shane Handy on February 24, 2023, 03:49:03
Quote from: Grizzly Adams on February 22, 2023, 17:37:51Putting 3nm in an iPhone is like putting a Formula 1 engine in a soccer mom's SUV. iOS is an absolute dumpster-fire of an OS. Hasn't changed in 15 years. Enjoy less. I'll have better. Thanks.

And you think Android is better? Calling iOS, a dumpster fire compared to Android is laughable. iOS is much more refined and has a much smoother experience. Android is so diluted with all of these OEM's putting their own spy/adware and their poor refined and supported updates.

If you haven't noticed iPhones can be used for 5+ years because of their overpowered hardware and continuous support.

Android phones need very powerful hardware just to be able to last 2 years.
idk if ur doing it on purpose ur just a complete ignorant but samsung has 4y firmware update and 5y security updates
and if u think that apple doesn't use spyware on their system to track u then ur ages behind
in fact samsung sometimes if theres an error it may correct it in less than 24 hours apple took them 2 months to remove a problem caused by an indian character lmaaaooooooo + android hardware is way superior in fact lpddr5x was used 1 year ago and apple just managed to put it in their phone and they just started using oled and high refresh rate panels
apple maybe has good support but their hardware is jus copy-pasta of other android oems that used them in the past years and u still call it a revolution lmaoo what adelusion you apple fans are
ps : all my androids work for over than  5 years and they're still good especially in batteery life
my s4 has better battery than my iphone 7 and i never changed their batteries

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview