News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GeForce RTX 4070, 4060, 4050 Laptop Analysis - Nvidia's new Mainstream Laptop GPUs in Review

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2023, 15:06:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Two weeks after the launch of the new high-end models RTX 4090 and RTX 4080, Nvidia launches the new laptop versions of the RTX 4070, RTX 4060 and RTX 4050. We checked the three new models and the smaller versions also offer noticeably more performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-4070-4060-4050-Laptop-Analysis-Nvidia-s-new-Mainstream-Laptop-GPUs-in-Review.696414.0.html

1.25x factor

And I predict it'll be priced at 1.25x more than previous gen RTX 3000 series laptops. What amazing value!

1.25x factor

*After one year that is. For zen4 laptops, because let's face it, that's all we care about but they won't be in stock / widely available till next year.

johnwicky

This review is quite interesting. Maybe out of the ordinary? Or, maybe it might be that the review used engineering samples. Jarrod's Tech youtube channel showed some rather interesting results where the 4070 was actually marginally slower than the 3070ti.
The fact that this review states that the 4070 is on par with the RTX 3080ti... sounds a little bit suspicious.

Who knows if this review is getting paid by Nvidia but we will have to see more reviews from other sources.

RobertJasiek

Jarrod has tested 3D games. This review has also tested several other benchmarks. A conclusion might be: do not buy for 3D games, maybe buy for intermediate speed of work software. Note that cooling is a big factor and tests need to elaborate this.

verillion

Very strange to use the average 3070ti result which includes low-powered 100w 3070ti laptops. You need to compare individual laptops to prevent outlier bias on averages.

Mr Majestyk

This comparison sucks. You pair the very fastest mobile cpu with the 4070 mobile, ie the 139xxHX and boast it's a lot faster than a 3070 Ti laptop paired with what exactly. All you say is the average 3070 Ti. For all we know it's using a 1240p. If you can't do the tests with the same hardware at the same power limits then it's pointless. You don't even tell us the difference in system costs. A system that costs 50% more for example and is only 25-50% stronger isn't progress at all.

Worst of all you never even respond to comments to explain what's going on.

Spunjji

Seems like Nvidia are executing a consistent strategy across notebook and desktop: take advantage of the performance gains from the TSMC 4N die shrink to bump each chip up by one product tier vs. the previous generation and jack prices up across the board. This leaves the performance gains (and value-for-money) stacked disproportionately at the high end of the market, getting worse as you go down in price. Once I saw where this was going, I went for the 6800M laptop I'd been mulling over for the past 18 months. Happy to see it's roughly equivalent to the 4070 in everything barring RT, and at a much lower price.

TDP Scaling

Will the RTX 4060 and RTX 4080/4090 be tested? Interested how those scale across varying TDP's as well.

KK

Quote from: LL on March 03, 2023, 00:22:40Both 4060, 4070 are a gigantic disappointment.

Could you explain more what you mean by that? Actually think out of Nvidia's entire mobile series line up the 4060 is the better option / makes the most sense. Even though it's nothing special and we all kind of expected a bit more. Agreed about 4070 though.

KK

I actually take back what I said, after looking at the results closer this has quite possibly been with worst laptop dgpu launch in history.

Even looking at the RTX 4050, it looks good the gains when you compare to older gpus like 3050, 3050 ti, 1660 ti and etc. Until you realize that's a 115w RTX 4050 configuration. All the older previous gen GPU's it's beating are lower wattage. If you compare at similar wattage, there's barely any difference?!

Most laptops that people will want to buy an RTX 4050 in will be thin and light ones configured at far lower tdps (60w), which means way lower performance. And it isn't gonna get any better (besides dlss3 which is like in 10 games?)

Oh well, I guess it's settled then. Time to order a last gen all amd 2022 refurb/open box laptop for cheap instead.

Ze Frog

What a nonsense review, especially at this stage in the game when the hardware is available. Journalism has taken a dive across the board these days.🤦

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview