News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Blade 18 laptop review: Smaller than many 17-inch gaming laptops

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2023, 14:42:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The spacious 18-inch Blade 18 is marketed as a desktop replacement without the desktop form factor. You'll have to really value the large screen, however, as performance and features are otherwise almost indistinguishable from the smaller and more portable Blade 16.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-18-laptop-review-Smaller-than-many-17-inch-gaming-laptops.694686.0.html

Dan6

No MUX, no Advanced Optimus, no UHD or OLED screen option. I'll pass on this generation.

Tomo123

Are you sure there's no MUX or Advanced Optimus?
Both product and store page have Advanced Optimus in description, also all models of Blade 18 are listed on their dedicated support pages.

I wanted to post links to sources, but I was met with "ERROR: No links allowed in text for new users or guests due to Spam protection!"

Also other reviewers also clearly showed that Blades do have both.

Did you test that one properly?

Jason N

I have also experienced the brightness flickering on my Blade 16 but was able to resolve the flickering by disabling gsync in the NVIDIA Control Panel. It looks like these panels aren't gsync compatible.

NikoB

Is this a "gaming" laptop that can't even deliver stable 60fps in the latest games in native resolution, and fhd resolution is a priori muddy there? Why didn't they put at least 4k@120Hz on such a diagonal? Anyway, you can forget about 240Hz there, this is a fake and games in 2.5k cannot even pull 60fps. At least a 4k matrix easily switches to fhd mode with the sharpest picture, in contrast to the muddy 2.5k in the same mode. A 4k@120Hz panel costs no more than $150. Against the backdrop of such a price - it's just a penny ...

With such a price, the target group of buyers is not entirely clear.

A desktop for the same money will be more than 1.5 times faster, much quieter and more reliable, and at the same time with an easily replaceable video card and everything else...

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on February 21, 2023, 21:50:57With such a price, the target group of buyers is not entirely clear.

It is ultimately clear: like Apple sheep, the target group is endconsumer sheep not able to judge well about prices.

Quoteeasily replaceable video card

The days that this would be relevant come to an end. GPUs have been made so overpriced that it only matters when it dies and becomes unrepairable. Do not change GPUs otherwise! Let Nvidia's strategy backfire!

Ananas(kinda)

60°C IN IDLE??? WHAT THE HELL😐😐😐
I'm genuinely sad about this laptop. Screen is bad and buggy, no 4K option, deltaE got worse, speakers got worse, no MUX, no GSync crazy power consumption... what is going on?😥
I wanted this so much, but now I just don't know what to do. I really wanted the new 40 series GPUs and this enormous 18inch panel, but... that is really  disappointing.

Iqtadar Haider

Asus ROG Strix G18 is much much better value featuring RTX 4080, MUX, and basically better at everything, while retailing for 2,500 dollars.

S.Yu

Quote from: NikoB on February 21, 2023, 21:50:57Is this a "gaming" laptop that can't even deliver stable 60fps in the latest games in native resolution, and fhd resolution is a priori muddy there? Why didn't they put at least 4k@120Hz on such a diagonal? Anyway, you can forget about 240Hz there, this is a fake and games in 2.5k cannot even pull 60fps. At least a 4k matrix easily switches to fhd mode with the sharpest picture, in contrast to the muddy 2.5k in the same mode. A 4k@120Hz panel costs no more than $150. Against the backdrop of such a price - it's just a penny ...

With such a price, the target group of buyers is not entirely clear.

A desktop for the same money will be more than 1.5 times faster, much quieter and more reliable, and at the same time with an easily replaceable video card and everything else...
I'm genuinely confused about this product. Theoretically the largest should be the best...at least in a few metrics other than the screen size, but this size is wholly wasted on this product, there's no mechanical keyboard, no numpad, no extra USB ports, not even extra thermal headroom AFAICT, it's a total POS. Anybody in the market for a similar product would either go for the 16" for largely the same thing or, as that other guy suggested the Strix G18 which does look better in general at a lower price, with extra keys, better cooling, and a couple more ports.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview