News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GALAX clears out its RTX 3080 stock for US$699 oblivious of the fact that a new RTX 4070 Ti can be had for around US$850

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2023, 11:18:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GALAX has been promoting a clearance sale of its remaining GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB) graphics cards. The company is offering the boards, which have a "1-click" overclocking feature, at a price of US$699.99. However, it is possible to pick up various models of the much better GeForce RTX 4070 Ti for around US$150 more.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GALAX-clears-out-its-RTX-3080-stock-for-US-699-oblivious-of-the-fact-that-a-new-RTX-4070-Ti-can-be-had-for-around-US-850.696056.0.html

Man

What a useless article. Of course theyre gonna ask for a price, and if you dont want to pay it dont.

Maths are hard apparently

4070ti vs 3080 is a 20-something percent increase in performance, and the 850 bucks are a 21% increase over the 700 GALAX is asking. Is maths hard enough to warrant a braindead article like this one?
Or is your consumerism crazy enough to think everybody needs the bigger stick?

Day

TechnoSport

Quote from: Gavote on February 21, 2023, 11:00:03True, but the 3080 doesn't require buying a new PSU to use.
If you don't need a new PSU for the 3080, then you don't need a new PSU for the 4070ti. They said in the article the 4070ti uses less power...

JZ

The "much better" 4070ti???? I wouldn't call an average 5 fps in games "much better". I would call that $150 more a RIPOFF.

Joni

What enthusiasts know about the 4070s would make owning one embarrassing. Giving it a 4000s name is a famously questionable sales trick. Unless the price is drastically slashed, putting a 4070 in your PC would just about end all bragging rights.

TheUser

Userbenchmark states 3.5 dollars per point on performance for RTX 4070 ti, while the RTX 3080 is just a hair more expensive at 3.5 dollars per performance point.

They're literally the same. 0.2 dollars different? That is extremely reasonable. Whoever wrote this article doesn't know math. Less than a quarter per point of performance less of a good deal, who gives a s***?? don't waste my time

RobertJasiek

Quote from: TheUser on February 21, 2023, 23:19:02Userbenchmark states 3.5 dollars per point on performance for RTX 4070 ti, while the RTX 3080 is just a hair more expensive at 3.5 dollars per performance point.

They're literally the same. 0.2 dollars different? That is extremely reasonable.

By your logic of constant price / performance aka Jensen's declaration of the end of Moore's Law aka stagnation of computer progress,
- a computer in 1945 might have cost $10^6,
- a computer in 2023 is (wild guess) 10^6 times as fast so we should pay $10^12.

By your logic,
- a GPU today might cost $10^3,
- a GPU in 25 years will be roughly 10^2 times as fast so we should pay, in terms of current money value, $10^5.

Broski

This article is stupid. You can pay more money to get a better graphics card?! No way!! It would make sense if the 4070ti was only like $50 more but $150 price difference isn't just something you can be like I'll pay a little extra for the faster card. It's $150 whole a** dollars

Middleseed

The 4070 ti is a hair above the 3080 for far more. I'd take the 3080 over the 4070 ti any day of the week.

Anony Mouse

That's a steal considering I paid crazy pandemic prices for my 3080. Financed it from Newegg for a total cost of $1500. Naturally though I just stopped paying for it. Let the collection agency stew in it. But still the notion of a card sold for actual msrp or less is amazing. When I bought my 1080 years ago it cost me $600 which was basically what it cost at launch still and it was four years old or more. The 4070ti also is a bad card from everything I've seen. A shameful addition to the 4000 series lineup

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview