News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Volla Phone X23: New Google-free smartphone launches with Ubuntu Touch or Volla OS AOSP fork

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2023, 14:15:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Volla Phone X23 is the latest Google-free smartphone from Hallo Welt Systeme. The Volla Phone X23 relies on a mid-range MediaTek Helio chipset and has a 5,000 mAh battery that supports wireless charging, among other features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Volla-Phone-X23-New-Google-free-smartphone-launches-with-Ubuntu-Touch-or-Volla-OS-AOSP-fork.694648.0.html

vertigo

I really like the idea of these pure-linux/AOSP phones to get away from Google, but it kills me how their specs are always so terrible. Granted, this is probably better than most others in this category, like Pine phones, but my A71 I bought two years ago for cheaper than this has a better CPU, TWICE the RAM and storage size, better and more cameras, is smaller in every dimension except height by a couple mm yet has a much larger (and higher resolution) display and only slightly smaller battery despite this phone being ~50% thicker, and weighs 30% less. This phone is a brick with large bezels (admittedly, the bezels on the A71 have the opposite problem and are too small, so something in between would be ideal) and lousy specs. I realize it's a smaller company and can't operate at the scale as Samsung, but either the specs need to be better or the price needs to be a lot lower. I just can't see these phones ever taking off at this rate. Most people would be far better off simply buying an unlocked phone and installing a custom ROM.

Also, not sure if it's already the case, but instead of having to choose between the two OS options, users should be able to download both and install either one to try them both out, as well as possibly allowing dual-booting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview