News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 8950 desktop PC with Intel Core i7-12700 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 33% off on Amazon

Started by Redaktion, February 13, 2023, 11:02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a list price of US$2,349, the Dell XPS 8950 desktop PC now discounted on Amazon sports 64 GB of DDR5 memory, 2 TB of storage, as well as the Intel Core i7-12700 processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics card. The ongoing 33% discount takes the price down to a more affordable US$1,585.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-8950-desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i7-12700-and-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3060-Ti-33-off-on-Amazon.693487.0.html

kek

Not worth it at that price. That DDR5 runs at 4400 MHz, the chassis is proprietary, and there is no dust filter on it at all

Codrut Nistor

In this situation, the proprietary chassis beats a bunch of desktop cases available on the market. These are made mostly for office use, so they sacrificed some performance for the sake of stability. If you're gunning for the ultimate gaming machine, I am sure you won't look at the Dell XPS desktops. 

kek

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on February 13, 2023, 21:45:28In this situation, the proprietary chassis beats a bunch of desktop cases available on the market. These are made mostly for office use, so they sacrificed some performance for the sake of stability. If you're gunning for the ultimate gaming machine, I am sure you won't look at the Dell XPS desktops. 
bruh
what stability are you talking about 😂? The psu is propietary, the motherboard is propietary. The chassis is the least of the problems here, not to mention the price. Its outright offensive and almost a rip-off.

I want to remind people,too, that Dell wont update this Z690 motherboard to support 13th gen, since a new XPS 8960 is coming on May....

Codrut Nistor

I don't think it's only Dell. Most proprietary desktop PC designs and even some business-oriented custom builds made using only components available on the market anyway go with the "slow" settings everywhere - memory frequency, overclocking (if they are using factory OC video cards, for example). I had the chance to open up a few older Dell XPS desktops and the custom chassis was always impressive.
Regarding the custom PSUs, they tailor those very close to the needs of the hardware configuration used. This is a problem in many cases, because if you want to get a more potent video card there is a high chance that your PSU won't be able to juice it up.
If they will not provide an update for 13th gen support, I am sure that we'll see better discounts for the XPS 8950 in May, don't you think?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview