News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

White House adviser John Podesta tried to coax Elon Musk into opening all Superchargers but Tesla was noncommittal

Started by Redaktion, February 11, 2023, 19:42:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

When the US government unveils the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program's subsidy requirements next week, Tesla will be left out of its US$7.5 billion budget if other electric vehicles can't use its Superchargers. Tesla's request that it should qualify if a Supercharger station also has CCS stalls was never seriously considered by the government which now demands direct compatibility of each subsidized unit.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/White-House-adviser-John-Podesta-tried-to-coax-Elon-Musk-into-opening-all-Superchargers-but-Tesla-was-noncommittal.693201.0.html

Rawle

Maybe I missed it, but this article failed to mention what CCS means. I guess I can google, but I shouldn't have to.

Bob Cook

With charge times much longer than a gas fill up, it appears to me there is not enough suitable real estate to build a charging network in an urban/suburban area. EV America has many locations at Walmart, usually in a remote area, and no one in their right mind wants to go there at night. Tesla SC at peak times are very busy; opening them up to CCS cars doesn't seem fair. Tesla has a real slick system for fast and much less expensive SC deployment. Along with their superior design, the auto industry should immediately embrace NACS. Anyone who has used both CCS and SC will readily agree. Plus, I rarely see a SC that doesn't work.

Milind

Quote from: Rawle on February 12, 2023, 14:31:54Maybe I missed it, but this article failed to mention what CCS means. I guess I can google, but I shouldn't have to.

CCS is Combined Charging System. It's the charging network used by all Electric Vehicles except Tesla. Tesla uses a proprietary system which it has now dubbed NACS North America Charging System.

Europe is switching to CCS2

There is a really good conversation on Reddit www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/zli1zv/north_america_which_standard_would_you_prefer/

A

@Bob Cook - EV charging doesn't really work like gas stations though. Most charging will always be done at home followed by work. Even NYC which is the most dense population, most housing are private housing. Those that live in apartments are more likely to use public transport. And the denser the urban area, the less people drive. Average person in NYC drives only 8 miles per day. Which means charging up once a month or so would be enough for most. Add some opportunity/destination level 2 chargers at shopping centers, and you don't really need that many level 3 chargers inside cities, only once you leave them

Jeannie Stovall

A charging station is a charging station. My son owns a Tesla, he has a charging plug at home yet he can car park and plug in. Sometimes he pays nothing some times he pays a parking fee. If ya'll are nothing but about incentive this and incentive that, quit with the control issues. Sustainable resources come hell and high water are necessary to our planets future. I got the opportunity to spend some time learning to drive my sons car and y'all ain't thinking far enuf out of the box to keep up with Mr. MUSK. Max if you read this gimme a he'll yeah.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview