News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huge Sony Xperia 1 IV price cut gives credence to rumor that Xperia 1 V may match Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra price tag

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2023, 09:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A sketchy Sony Xperia 1 V price rumor has actually been given some weight thanks to some official recent price changes that have been made. It has been reported that the Xperia 1 V might be priced to take on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Sony US has now chopped a whopping 25% off the asking price for the Xperia 1 IV.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huge-Sony-Xperia-1-IV-price-cut-gives-credence-to-rumor-that-Xperia-1-V-may-match-Samsung-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-price-tag.688098.0.html

S.Yu

"Generous"? LMAO? Launching at an absolutely absurd price then marking it down to a reasonable one only near the end of the cycle is considered generous?

YUKI93

Quote from: S.Yu on January 31, 2023, 16:45:36"Generous"? LMAO? Launching at an absolutely absurd price then marking it down to a reasonable one only near the end of the cycle is considered generous?

The moment I look at Samsung's pricing for the S23 series, that is when I realized that Sony has been ahead of the curve all along. If Sony retains the original RRP of the Mark 4 Xperia 1 for this year's Mark 5 model, then it's pretty much game over for Samsung.

S.Yu

Quote from: YUKI93 on February 01, 2023, 08:20:46
Quote from: S.Yu on January 31, 2023, 16:45:36"Generous"? LMAO? Launching at an absolutely absurd price then marking it down to a reasonable one only near the end of the cycle is considered generous?

The moment I look at Samsung's pricing for the S23 series, that is when I realized that Sony has been ahead of the curve all along. If Sony retains the original RRP of the Mark 4 Xperia 1 for this year's Mark 5 model, then it's pretty much game over for Samsung.
I fail to see any possibility of Sony overtaking Samsung in one year even in the sales of a single segment. Exposure sells the product, not the product itself, not to mention Sony doesn't have that much of a notable(or, marketable) advantage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview