News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel discontinues network switch business along with Pathfinder RISC-V program following grim Q4 2022 earnings

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2023, 18:05:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hunter2020

Get a clue Wintel.  Nobody likes your stuff anymore especially Windows 10/11.

Them:  Hey you wanna upgrade that PC to the latest cool stuff.  We promise it's backwards compatible with older software like Windows 7!

Me:  Run Windows 7 ultra fast on modern hardware?  Kool!  OK, I will upgrade!

Them:  Hey you wanna upgrade that PC you been using for years on Windows 7 to the latest and greatest Windows 11?

Me:  Get the fook away from me...  The hell NO!!

kek

Quote from: Hunter2020 on January 27, 2023, 21:20:45Get a clue Wintel.  Nobody likes your stuff anymore especially Windows 10/11.

Them:  Hey you wanna upgrade that PC to the latest cool stuff.  We promise it's backwards compatible with older software like Windows 7!

Them:  Hey you wanna upgrade that PC you been using for years on Windows 7 to the latest and greatest Windows 11?

Honestly, you are right.

It was a big DICK move from Intel/Microsoft and even AMD to lock you onto Windows 10 years before Windows 7 reached EOL. Not even 8.1 was supported (which could have been a middle ground solution) on their new CPU releases.

Intel gains nothing from doing this favor to Microsoft, and the worst part was that this all happened during the dreaded Skylake+++ days.

hugh mungus

Quote from: Hunter2020 on January 27, 2023, 21:20:45Get a clue Wintel.  Nobody likes your stuff anymore especially Windows 10/11.

Imagine wanting to use a security hole ridden pile of s*** like Winblows 7. Switch to GNU/Linux if you actually care about security and "sticking it" to "WinTel". Oh wait you probably won't and will continue to use Winblows like the broke dog you are.

Truther

Imo discontinuing the Risc-V program will bite them in the a** pretty soon. If Intel wants to get into the GPU game they need to create more unique products that serve their users better. Risc V could have huge benefits to their GPU and CPU products and expand them into more markets which they're severely lacking. They already got overtaken by AMD once, and I can see AMD getting further ahead again granted AMD is okay with both RISC V and ARM as viable options in the future if they need it. Intel already lost all of Apple

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview