News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Revengeful Tesla drivers plug in Model 3 and Model Y that unnecessarily occupy Supercharger spots

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2023, 22:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The rather controversial trend is intended to teach drivers of a Tesla Model Y or Model 3, which is parked in a Supercharger spot but not plugged into the charger, a much needed lesson. The resulting idle fees can quickly add up as Tesla currently charges up to US$1 per minute.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Revengeful-Tesla-drivers-plug-in-Model-3-and-Model-Y-that-unnecessarily-occupy-Supercharger-spots.684428.0.html

vertigo

I'm just amazed Tesla designed the cars to allow this. I'm kind of glad they did, because I hate inconsiderate people and they deserve this and it probably still won't stop a lot of them, but there should be another solution. Maybe an RFID that determines if a car is parked at a charger and automatically charges the idle fee if it's not charging. And since these cars can self-drive, while I don't think they should be doing so on roads, they should be able to drive very slowly to an actual parking spot nearby if it's parked at a charger it's not connected to and people are waiting to charge.

Elon IsACunt

You can just pull in nose forward and stop with about 1/3 of the parking space in front of you so the charger can't reach the charge port.

Also if Tesla would respond to inquiries and treat their customers with a modicum of respect, they wouldn't have to deal with this.

Martin Snow

Hmmmm
If you parked your car at a gas station and walked away they'd ticket and tow you to an impound.
Sounds like the perfect solution
Done

Joe

What if some other nincompoop had unplugged the "offender" before you got there? Did they see the owner park there and walk away?

Griffin

Quote from: Joe on January 24, 2023, 16:20:11What if some other nincompoop had unplugged the "offender" before you got there? Did they see the owner park there and walk away?
First, you cannot unplug someone's Tesla without the key, though you can plug it in. Second, if someone had unplugged it, then you would be doing a good deed by replugging it

Joshua

I hope they keep this feature.
Basically, a solution to people taking the space without using it to charge.

Bane

This can't be much of an actual problem. Superchargers are almost always notably farther from the business than 50%+ of the normal parking. If your goal is to park far away and walk, there are usually more convenient places. And the same goes for anyone who wants to park close to the business.

Of course, that being the case, it just highlights how much of an a** you have to be to purposefully block a charger that you aren't going to use.

Kevin23

Quote from: Dimercaprol on January 25, 2023, 12:18:44Why only model 3 and Y? Doesn't make sense to exclude model S.

The Model S and X are software protected: the charge port will not open if the car is locked.

badbob001

Mark335

To be honest, if I saw one unplugged in a charger spot, I would assume some Coal Roller unplugged it in spite.  So I would naturally plug it in to complete charging as a courtesy.

Ryan Jacobs

While this is a very rude activity if true as I'm sure adequate and more convenient parking is available in most cases, I also think it is a design flaw that the charge port can be opened without a key.  Access to the charge port could allow malicious damage to the car's electrical system akin to pouring water, sugar, etc into the fuel tank of an ICE vehicle.

DANAYAL1

What we will eventually see is someone getting hurt because of these actions. Well emergency help will be waiting to rush you to emergency if it's not to late.

CPolk

Suppose it was just a simple human error? Guy meant to plug in, but forgot. And dont tell me "I'm just doing them a favor." This is passive aggressive behavior of the first order. People need to chill the f_ck out and behave like civilized human beings instead of entitled as_holes.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview