News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Insane Asus ROG Strix Scar 15 configuration (64 GB, 2 X 8 TB) hits Amazon priced accordingly

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2023, 17:13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With more "affordable" configurations that start just north of US$4,000, the Asus ROG Strix Scar 15 upgraded by GreatPriceTech tops at no less than US$8,568. For this price, Amazon customers can get the 64 GB/2 X 8 TB version of this laptop with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, as well as a mouse and a pad.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Insane-Asus-ROG-Strix-Scar-15-configuration-64-GB-2-X-8-TB-hits-Amazon-priced-accordingly.684315.0.html

Scam victim

Great price tech is a front for scammers on Amazon. I learned from personal experience. They list massively overpriced gaming systems that are not supposed to be actually bought; if you do buy one it's cancelled and never delivered. It exists so that eBay scammers can use the listings and specs to seem more legitimate. I would advise against endorsing them in an article.

Codrut Nistor

These upgraded laptops are definitely quite expensive, as I tried to highlight. So you purchased something from them and it didn't get delivered... what happened next? If it was a Paypal payment, should have been covered by their refund policy, without even bothering with Amazon's support. Amazon should also help in these cases, I am sure.

Codrut Nistor

Well, they charge for making the "professional" upgrades. It would be nice if they would do some serious work inside, for example upgrading the cooling system to handle increased overclock settings compared to the factory one.

Isaac Terry

Jesus... Just wtf lol. I just got the Asus ROG Strix G15 w/5900HX and RX6800M, 2.5TB of NVME SSD, 32GB RAM on eBay for $1000 with tax and shipping. The thing literally beats the 3080 mobile gpu in some games ... $8.5k what a joke....

Ednumero

Codrut Nistor

Well, how often do you see 2.5K actually being used? For most people, it's just 2K and then 4K, without anything in-between.

RobertJasiek

Wrong attitude. We do not want to be misinformed. If it is not 2K, do not write 2K. At the very least write 2K+.

Ednumero

QuoteWell, how often do you see 2.5K actually being used? For most people, it's just 2K and then 4K, without anything in-between.

I would say this more means that it is an issue of people not using the right terms, rather than that we should use the terms as people are using them.

(edited to sound better)

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: RobertJasiek on January 24, 2023, 09:12:46Wrong attitude. We do not want to be misinformed. If it is not 2K, do not write 2K. At the very least write 2K+.
Point taken, will keep that in mind. The most often used terms for the 2560 X 1440 resolution of this laptop are QHD and WQHD, so I used the latter in the end. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your feedback!

Syzygy

Quote from: Isaac Terry on January 23, 2023, 19:56:18Jesus... Just wtf lol. I just got the Asus ROG Strix G15 w/5900HX and RX6800M, 2.5TB of NVME SSD, 32GB RAM on eBay for $1000 with tax and shipping. The thing literally beats the 3080 mobile gpu in some games ... $8.5k what a joke....

The AMD advantage edition right?
I got the same last year myself for around $1100 in my country. If you don't care for ray tracing, that card is an absolute beast. I have bought many laptops in my life but nothing beats this one. Also AMD software is much simpler and better than Nvidia's in my opinion.

Best value for money gaming laptop currently.

Codrut Nistor

Do you happen to have a link to the AMD Advantage Edition you got for that price? I mean the store page, not the official product page. Planning to get a laptop in the coming months and there's no problem if it's not the latest generation.

Andrewz

I bought the similar model that has 300hz refresh and 3080 for $2k. Add in the ram update for $200 to get to 64gb and you're looking at $250 for 2TB nvme drive. Assuming price scales the 8TB would cost $1000 alone. Even still to do these SUPER simple things yourself, the laptop would still only cost $4000 for the one they list for $8.5k

Don't buy upgraded laptops, buy the base model and ensure it's upgradable, then just do it yourself.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview