News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new M2 MacBook Pro 14 & 16 are here, but you should probably get the cheaper M1 predecessor

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2023, 00:26:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple launched the new MacBook Pro line-up with M2 Pro and M2 Max, but we only got a short introduction video instead of a launch event. In addition to new processors, you get Wi-Fi 6E, TB4 and HDMI 2.1, but also higher prices in many regions around the world. Is it worth upgrading or should you just get the previous model at a discount?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-M2-MacBook-Pro-14-16-are-here-but-you-should-probably-get-the-cheaper-M1-predecessor.683355.0.html

Arkadiy

There is no point in buying MBP since it has a limited life expectancy.

Impossibility to change the battery or the SSD (without going through the extremely overpriced Apple process) makes this product a never ending waste of money.

RobertJasiek

Besides there is evidence that MacOS is spyware and Apple treats endconsumers as suspects of crime.

Randy

Quote from: Arkadiy on January 22, 2023, 12:58:55There is no point in buying MBP since it has a limited life expectancy.

Impossibility to change the battery or the SSD (without going through the extremely overpriced Apple process) makes this product a never ending waste of money.

They are the best laptops you can buy, and you'll never have to replace the SSD. You may have to replace the battery in 7-10 years, which the Genius Bar will do quickly and cheaply.

Randy

Quote from: RobertJasiek on January 22, 2023, 13:14:49Besides there is evidence that MacOS is spyware and Apple treats endconsumers as suspects of crime.

Lololol. Let me guess, you recommend windows?

RobertJasiek

Defensively configured Windows or Linux, of which neither proactively spies to report to the police, as does MacOS.

Calin

Quote from: Arkadiy on January 22, 2023, 12:58:55There is no point in buying MBP since it has a limited life expectancy.

You've never had a macbook pro and it shows. I've had mine since 2012 and I'm ashamed to say that it is still my main computer. I've never had an issue but the display recently died so I have to used an external display. These laptops are solid and will outlive any other laptop out there.

Bess

I agree with the problem caused by the impossibility in changing the SSD.

In all other laptops, if your laptop died due to any issue, you can take out the SSD, and put it in another laptop or desktop and continue to have access to all your data, and software and be able to continue your work. But, if any of these Apple's laptops die, you are doomed. You have to give your laptop to service center along with all your data still in it, and then hope they handle with care. There is an issue of data security too.

This is the main reason I won't buy a MacBook till they have a removable ssd.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview