News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Innovative laptop cooling system: Frore shows AirJet cooling chips with ultrathin profile and silent operation

Started by Redaktion, January 19, 2023, 18:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new AirJet chips integrate technology that is used to cool aircraft jet engines. Even though it is only 2.8 mm thick, one AirJet chip can be 10 times more efficient compared to conventional fan-based laptop cooling systems, plus they are essentially silent at 21 dBA.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Innovative-laptop-cooling-system-Frore-shows-AirJet-cooling-chips-with-ultrathin-profile-and-silent-operation.682925.0.html

Hardware Geek

The second pic seems misleading if a laptop needs at least two of these and a heasink over the processor to connect the two.

CmdrEvil

So for a gaming laptop with combined CPU / GPU TDP of 200W+ you would need over 40 of these modules? Sounds very efficient to me lol

RobertJasiek

I would not mind 40 such modules in a notebook if it was semi-passive and still reasonably priced then.

SASAN

Brilliant! with this we'll have so cooled PCIe Gen5 SSDs, DDR6 RAMs and for sure, GPUs and CPUs in the near future, I think probably the best solution will be a combination of these chips and conventional fans, because this chips dissipating heat locally when they are locating on chips. Personally, I'm concerning about max TDP of CPUs and GPUs in the future laptops, imagine an RTX 4090 with up to 300W in a thin gamming laptop, what happens? these chips will be so helpful.

Hunter2020

I dunno...  Vibrating membrane, it not gonna last very long.  This solution is expensive and not very durable!

NateZimmer

Quote from: Hunter2020 on January 20, 2023, 17:08:28I dunno...  Vibrating membrane, it not gonna last very long.  This solution is expensive and not very durable!

Its a MEMs device. MEMs Gyros for example have a vibrating element and is still long lasting. Unless there is some underlying quality issues, seems like it could last sometime

JC

Quote from: CmdrEvil on January 19, 2023, 23:22:05So for a gaming laptop with combined CPU / GPU TDP of 200W+ you would need over 40 of these modules? Sounds very efficient to me lol
The guy in the video said with time the technology will improve, that's why they only make them for 28w CPUs. I think it's an interesting idea, remains to be seen if it's as good as they say, overrated or just another Silicon Valley vaporware.

MichelM

The marketing is misleading, it still need heat pipes or vapor chamber, it only replaces the fan, pulling air from above instead of below. Their first generation doesn't seem so good, but if they could increase Heat Dissipation in the future would be nice to have APU devices with these.

Kenneth

This could be huge for VR/AR head sets.  Thermals for a computer near your face are a critical factor. 

cly

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview