News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD details 4 nm Zen 4 Ryzen 7040 Phoenix-HS APUs with integrated Xilinx AI smarts alongside refreshed Zen 3 and Zen3+ offerings

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2023, 15:32:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Alongside the Dragon Range-HX high-end APUs, AMD also announced Zen 4-based Ryzen 7040 Phoenix-HS APUs for mainstream performance laptops. Select Ryzen 7040 APUs also come with an integrated Ryzen AI acceleration based on a Xilinx FPGA. Apart from these, AMD also introduced Zen 3+ Ryzen 7035 Rembrandt-R, Zen 3 Ryzen 7030 Barcelo-R with PRO variants, and entry-level Mendocino chips.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-details-4-nm-Zen-4-Ryzen-7040-Phoenix-HS-APUs-with-integrated-Xilinx-AI-smarts-alongside-refreshed-Zen-3-and-Zen3-offerings.679093.0.html

88&88

but no graphic comparison from AMD between 680 vs 780 iGPU, no info about if it is quad channel (they talked about an APU that move from dual channel, supporting up to 8533Mhz), no about how many SP get 780.

Poster

The trend may continue this year with AMD - vapourware. Their 6000 series was no where to be found in many laptop lineups last year. My wait and search was in vain for what I wanted. Won't happen again this year waiting for Zen 4 parts. AMD is dead

Bricktop47483

Quote from: Poster on January 05, 2023, 19:21:49The trend may continue this year with AMD - vapourware. Their 6000 series was no where to be found in many laptop lineups last year. My wait and search was in vain for what I wanted. Won't happen again this year waiting for Zen 4 parts. AMD is dead
It was fairly easy to get a 6800h laptop APU. GPU wise its better to go with Nvidia anyway. I plan on getting a 7840hs with a 4060 which I bet won't be hard to find at all by sunmer.

Doe John

7735HS does not have a built-in USB40 controller - amd.com/en/product/12941

AMD lies for the second year about the characteristics of its chips. Last year it lied about Zen3+ AV1 decoder support and DP2.0 support. Both are not in the datasheet.

NikoB

Quote from: Poster on January 05, 2023, 19:21:49AMD is dead
For several years, AMD has been unable to provide mass deliveries of the most valuable SoCs from the point of view of consumers. And since 2022, the same trend has emerged from Intel. So to be fair, both companies are dead. Because from the announcement of the release of their new series to the appearance of real interesting laptop models with this series, it takes almost a year, just before the moment when they announce a new series. And it is at this moment that the trade finally begins to receive mass batches of models outdated for a whole year.

It turns out that AMD and Intel every year now announce "paper" (or virtual) SoC series, which in reality will be available in mass deliveries around the world only towards the end of the year. From this, consumers who follow real progress become massively disappointed and do not want to buy models that are outdated for a year. But the new ones are just as inaccessible to them for almost a year, well, except for the USA and the EU / South Korea, Japan (here even less often), there is nothing to say about the third world. Therefore, sales, in addition to falling incomes, are also falling due to total disappointment and unwillingness to buy models that are outdated for a year.

Intel and AMD should announce their new series NOT before mass batches of laptops around the world are ready for retail. And if they don't, they've essentially become scammers.

Well, since TDP is growing at a frantic pace (and this already directly violates EU energy directives) - there has been no real progress in electronics for 5 years. All this is a deceit and a game of thimbles with a naive public.

informatic

The bet seems interesting but what everyone is waiting for are the AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = DDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence AI with XDNA architecture developed by Xilinx and everything at 4nm vs 10nm from Intel
Intel has fallen asleep or rather hibernated. Intel has been 4 long years with their unevolved integrated Xe graphics that you can only play minesweeper with, while AMD has gone from Zen 2 with Vega 8 --> Zen 3+ with RDNA2 and now with Zen 4 --> RDN3+ AI I just read The graphics of the Core 13 disappoints, it does not surpass the AMD Vega 8.
The AMD 7040 Phoenix CPUs will surpass the Apple M2 in performance and efficiency and that is what the portable public expects with ZEN 4 Phoenix if you want to know more simply write AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix in your search engine

Folie

Quote from: informatic on March 13, 2023, 11:08:43AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix ... XDNA ... developed by Xilinx
One finds in every corner that the CPU has security gaps for malware, its AI makes smart phone calls and thus competes with China.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Poster on January 05, 2023, 19:21:49The trend may continue this year with AMD - vapourware. Their 6000 series was no where to be found in many laptop lineups last year. My wait and search was in vain for what I wanted. Won't happen again this year waiting for Zen 4 parts. AMD is dead

Whatever they make will sell out. Your impotent whining doesn't make them dead.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview