News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 and RTX 4060 mobile crash and burn in Geekbench debut; bad drivers or low wattage likely to blame

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2023, 14:32:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Nvidia GeForce RTX RTX 4070 and RTX 4060 have made their Geekbench debut, scoring 114,074 and 101,850 respectively. These results are a tad disappointing and probably not indicative about how the graphics cards will perform in the real world.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-4070-and-RTX-4060-mobile-crash-and-burn-in-Geekbench-debut-bad-drivers-or-low-wattage-likely-to-blame.679261.0.html

TheBus

The 128 bus is to blame, (compare to 255 of the 3070 mobile)...

Look at the spec... 4060 and 4070 are too similar, with a minor cude count difference

Walter

ARGH wish they would have more tests on gaming.  Got a Razer Blade 14 with 3070 Ti at a good price of $1,799.99 and still within the return period.  Been debating on whether to return and get the newer 4000 series mobile laptops but I have a feeling the price to upgrade will be steep.

RobertJasiek

You would need to wait at least 1 or 2 months before the first new notebooks appear and then another 2 or 3 months for prices to start dropping. Higher starting prices are a solid guess. Hence, if the speed of yours roughly meets your expectations, you might as well keep it. If heat and noise are your concern, the next gen might do well but Razer Blade 14 already is reasonable in that respect, right?

Walter

Yes, that's very true.  I just hate missing out on the opportunity to return and move to the 4000 series, but Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop I've ever used.  Only concern I have is future games I will not be able to run them but now that I think of it, it should be able to still run future games well. Thanks for your input and thoughts!

Stardom Plays

7SX

Quote from: Stardom Plays on January 05, 2023, 22:12:28Can't you sell it and get at least 65 percent of your money to put it towards another?
What kind of stupid suggestion is this? Did you use your brain at all when you typed this or what?

He's talking about a return. 100% BACK RIGHT NOW, and you're talking 65% after months.

Rruss263

ThundeRobot is a clevo reseller. It's both well known and well liked in China. It's currently unavailable for the average person in America however, but most of their laptops are rebranded Clevo or Alienware.  It's likely either TDP limited or bad drivers at the root issue, maybe even power delivery issues due to a firmware lock for safety while testing these GPUs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview