News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS ROG Flow X13 refreshed with powerful AMD and NVIDIA hardware combination within 13.4-inch convertible design

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2023, 20:00:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ASUS has showcased the ROG Flow X13 (2023), a 13.4-inch convertible that offers new AMD and NVIDIA hardware. Available later this quarter in Europe, the latest ROG Flow X13 comes with up to an AMD Ryzen 9 Zen 4 APU, an RTX 4070 GPU and a choice of two displays, among other features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-ROG-Flow-X13-refreshed-with-powerful-AMD-and-NVIDIA-hardware-combination-within-13-4-inch-convertible-design.678507.0.html

Poster

Vapourware most likely for the US market as the 32gb 120hz model was available.
Also AMD's track record for releasing the latest mobile apus last year is abysmal.

Dalvart

Mothertrucker19

Russel

The upgradable RAM is honestly not that much attractive when one is soldered and usually it's 8GB soldered like that in g14..

Gremlin

I'm pretty sure that RYX 4070 is just part of an XG Mobile egpu. The most they could fit (and cool) last year was the 3050Ti. If anything, they're continuing the "no dGPU" trend from the zen 3+ verson. I'd like a zen 4 X13 myself assuming it has RDNA3. Then again, i might just go for a different laptop altogether at that point. Probably one of those non-gaming models with a 90hz OLED.

And preferably a wacom pen. The battery-free type

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Gremlin on January 04, 2023, 06:55:02I'm pretty sure that RYX 4070 is just part of an XG Mobile egpu. The most they could fit (and cool) last year was the 3050Ti.

The 4070 minimum TDP is 35W so maybe possible in a small device, especially if with vapor chamber or liquid metal! Watch the actually configured TDP!

Ghost117

The RTX 4070 mentioned is the dedicated GPU built inside, not the XG Mobile. The new XG Mobile is an RTX 4090.

It's impressive they could fit the RTX 4070 inside the laptop. One thing to note is the Total Graphics Power (TGP) of the RTX 4070 inside. It has a TGP of 60 watts. This is relatively lower compared to other RTX 3070 cards in laptops. I'm hearing the the 4000 series cards are much more efficient than the 3000 series to where the 4000 series down require as high of wattage.

I'm crossing my fingers until benchmarks because the X13's RTX 4070 with 60W is interesting. However if it isn't enough to run games in 1440p with okat to high FPS (Cyberpunk), then I will go to the G14's RTX 4090 with 125W.

Eric

Even with only 60watt the fact they could fit 4070 inside z13 is insane. This will be my go to laptop in 2023

Shawn

Sighs.

They made it heavier, that is a bit unfortunate. On the bright side, it seems they're using a much faster response time panel as ghosting was an issue with the last gen model.

In any case, I wasn't even able to get the 2022 version last year. Every time a few units came in stock, it just kept selling out. Pretty sure M-silicon Macbook's outsell this thing, I guess AMD is just still providing very few chips to OEM's.

Hoping this year will be better and I can actually get something.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview