News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware x16 introduced as world's most premium gaming laptop with Core i9-13900HK and 175 W RTX 4090 options, AMD variants coming in Q2

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2023, 19:22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has launched the Alienware x16 at CES 2023 with Intel Raptor Lake-H and Nvidia RTX 40 Laptop GPU options up to the RTX 4090. The Alienware x16 embodies the new Legend 3.0 design language and features Dolby Vision displays, an optional CherryMX mechanical keyboard, and vapor chamber cooling for the high-end SKUs with RTX 4080 and RTX 4090.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-x16-introduced-as-world-s-most-premium-gaming-laptop-with-Core-i9-13900HK-and-175-W-RTX-4090-options-AMD-variants-coming-in-Q2.678455.0.html

MmmmMMm

This is just silly.  It's the product of the same kind of thinking that causes some auto enthusiasts to focus on 0-60 times, and lust after wildly impractical and unaffordable super cars.  At the end of the day, very few people want a gaming laptop that weighs a ton, runs for about 15 minutes before it's out of battery power, burns your lap from the heat, and has cooling fans that howl like a banshee and require noise cancelling headphones to hear your game.

When I look at "best of" lists for gaming notebooks, I mostly see notebooks that I'm not sure I'd want even if they were a gift.  It'd be nice if reviewers started to care more about notebooks that represented a sensible compromise between playable frame rates at a reasonable resolution, and a sensible cooling solution that neither burns you nor annoys a family member sitting on the other end of the couch.

Tyrel

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview