News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No iPhone 15 mini launch on the horizon despite Plus-size sales woes with the Apple iPhone 14 range

Started by Redaktion, December 30, 2022, 21:11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A leaker has claimed that there are no plans to launch an iPhone 15 mini model, despite many Apple fans seemingly wanting a new mini iPhone. It appears the Cupertino company would rather focus on solving pricing problems that will come with the iPhone 15 series and strengthening Plus model sales rather than producing a successor to the iPhone 13 mini.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-iPhone-15-mini-launch-on-the-horizon-despite-Plus-size-sales-woes-with-the-Apple-iPhone-14-range.677508.0.html

WaitWhat

Why should they bring back a model that flopped hard in terms of sales?
That's the problem with people who want small phones: They are a tiny minority that just whines a lot on the internet. So annoying because that changes nothing since only sales and profits matter to companies..

RobertJasiek

Suppose they only sell 100.000. Why should that not generate profit?! I think that companies neglecting such profit are afraid of cannibalising alternative profit from more expensive products. Their "wisdom" means I buy nothing from them. O wait, Apple thinks that customers like me would encourage more consumers to buy less expensive products and less frequently. Sure enough, but that we do anyway;)

Paul C.

Why should they produce a model that was a sales flop?  That all depends on whether it flopped so hard as to be literally unprofitable. The Mini line was the only small smartphone that offered top-range hardware of any manufacturer on any platform. Any small phones on Android have generations-old specs, lousy cameras, and are guaranteed to never receive any OS updates. The Mini got me to switch to Apple after more than a decade using Android phones, and I subsequently bought an iPhone for my son and as soon as my wife's current contract is up, she will be switching to an iPhone. That will make 3 sales and a likelihood to stay on the platform in the future, all because an option was offered to people who preferred a small phone.  There's value in offering something for everyone, even if some models don't sell as well as others. As long as it didn't loose money, the Mini line offered something no other manufacturer did, and was loved by a vocal minority.

E Fahne

I have the iPhone SE, which has been popular for a long time, and cheap, and small.

The Mini phones were an attempt by Apple to increase the price of small phones, which was dumb.

The iPhone SE is liked not JUST because it is cheap though, it's also liked because it has TouchID so you can find it and unlock it even with your eyes closed, even in the dark or if you are blind. Using Siri with the home button is also a joy.

If Apple is reading this, they need to know that the Mini phones have failed because you can't upscale or gentrify the small phone. Small must always be affordable.

I would encourage every to buy the SE before it is discontinued, if you like iOS that is.

E Fahne

@Paul, you might want to try the Samsung S22 next time. It is small, fast and cheap (via google fi only $300) but has much better gestures than the Apple phones and certainly the Pixels.

Samsung is unique in having the best gestures i.e. swipe up from the bottom from 3 places for back, home and apps. It's very efficient...

The S22 is the only phone i'd consider other than the iphone SE.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview