News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Flagship Meteor Lake 22-core CPU apparently canceled as Intel could market MTL-S towards prospective Core i5/i7 gamers

Started by Redaktion, December 23, 2022, 09:55:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel announced earlier that the 14th gen "Meteor Lake" CPUs will succeed the 13th gen "Raptor Lake" chips in 2023. The architecture will be built using the Intel 4 process with separate CPU, GPU, I/O, and SoC tiles. Now, new information from hardware leaker Moore's Law is Dead suggests that Team Blue may be having trouble developing flagship MTL-S desktop parts.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Flagship-Meteor-Lake-22-core-CPU-apparently-canceled-as-Intel-could-market-MTL-S-towards-prospective-Core-i5-i7-gamers.676446.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Meteor Lake was always going to have a lot of issues. It is not only going to an all new die shrink in Intel 4, but is also chiplet design and the entire SoC sits on FPGA. Why do you think there is now a RL refresh coming. I think Meteor Lake desktop should be cancelled and they should use the extra time to get Arrow Lake right. They can launch ML mobile to test the waters. Intel always bites off more than it can chew and promises the world then under delivers. Not a lot has changed under Gelsinger in that regards, just look at the Alchemist gpu debacle.

Raymond Smyth

I think Moores law is dead is full of bs. Just hates intel period if you listen to him. I need unbiased info. Not fanboy $hit

The boy who cried...

Tom has it out for Intel in the worst way and has made a career out of lying. I do not know why anyone listens to him anymore. I unsubbed and stopped giving him views or any attention and this will be the last time I read an article with his name in it. It's always trash click bait that saps time from my life for absolutely nothing whatsoever in return. Choke on it Tom. You deserve it for being a sensationalist and a liar.

E Fahne

Most business users will never need more than 4 or 8 cores.

Most gamers don't need an elaborate CPU, they need a big fast GPU.

So why is Intel focusing on this many-core approach?

I think AMD broadsided them with the Ryzens, then Apple hit them both hard with the M1, but neither Intel nor AMD is responding rationally.

We need bigger L1 caches, not more cores. We need DRAM on the SoC die, not externally placed.

And Intel and AMD should both go with either ARMs for efficiency cores or help the RISC-V effort.

Tommy Boy

Having followed his channel for a few years and his hate towards Intel is just steadily increasing.

"Can Intel survive another month?", "Can Intel survive this day?", "Can Intel survive the next 5 seconds?"

Pure click bait with "sources" to some strange dudes.
He was interviewing some Chinese engineer once...worth a watch if you want to literally KILL 3hours of your life.
The guy actually said nothing really interesting at all.

I'm convinced he is just some kind of all in stock holder and wants AMD to go to the moon so he can retire ALREADY...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview