News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

These are the fastest and slowest Ryzen 7 6800U and Radeon 680M laptops you can currently buy

Started by Redaktion, December 20, 2022, 05:15:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After 6 months of availability, there are still just a small handful of laptops in the market sporting AMD's latest Ryzen 7 Zen 3+ processor. Some models are a bit faster than others, but the performance spread thus far has been much narrower than expected.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/These-are-the-fastest-and-slowest-Ryzen-7-6800U-and-Radeon-680M-laptops-you-can-currently-buy.675880.0.html

Logoffon

It's sad that all of the laptops listed here are those stupid "thin and light" models that are likely won't even sustain full clock speed for a second before throttling.
Is it really hard for them to come up with something that has a U series CPU but in the form factor of a gaming laptop? (minus the RGB stuff, of course)

vertigo

Quote from: Logoffon on December 20, 2022, 06:19:58It's sad that all of the laptops listed here are those stupid "thin and light" models that are likely won't even sustain full clock speed for a second before throttling.
Is it really hard for them to come up with something that has a U series CPU but in the form factor of a gaming laptop? (minus the RGB stuff, of course)

The Beelink is a NUC-style SFF PC. At first I thought it was ridiculous they included it in an article about CPU performance in laptops, but maybe they did it as a comparison, and it does offer some perspective. Without knowing the differences between all the various CPUs in this comparison, it seems at least at a glance that the increased space and cooling of the Beelink doesn't really make much difference, considering the EliteBook 845 is right on its heels, so it's somewhat debatable how much difference there would be if they made these laptops a few mm and ounces thicker and heavier. Then again, the Beelink might be configured to throttle to keep noise down.

NikoB

Quote from: Logoffon on December 20, 2022, 06:19:58It's sad that all of the laptops listed here are those stupid "thin and light" models that are likely won't even sustain full clock speed for a second before throttling.
Such an almost perfect laptop already exists. Legion 7 AMD version. Unfortunately, it comes with an expensive 6700M that most pros don't need to get the job done. Enough 6600 or GTX3060. And for me, for example, the GTX3050 is enough. The right case, port layout, keyboard, screen, processor power and memory up to 64GB are more important to me, and of course silence in the workload. But the video card is the least of my worries. But alas, there are simply no L7 6800H+GTX3050 variants.

And the Legion 5 Pro is too noisy and has a bad webcam, worse than the cheaper Legion 5...

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on December 20, 2022, 13:35:28silence in the workload. [...] And the Legion 5 Pro is too noisy [...] worse than the cheaper Legion 5...

As you may have seen in my ongoing study in

www.notebookchat.com/index.php?topic=160663.msg512627#new

currently the most silent Legion under load with at least a 3060 is indeed the Legion 5 17, for which NBC tested the model with 5600H at 45W Pl1=PL2 and 3060 at 130W resulting in 38dB under Load Average. I have not checked Idle values though. The successor might perform similarly if the CPU should still be limited to 45W Pl1=PL2. Although 38dB is not the record, it is reasonably good. Without final search yet, I recall the Razer Blade 14 with 6900HX at 75W PL1 90W PL2 and 3070TI at 100W with 35 dB under Load Average but with a cramped keyboard.

NikoB

You are confusing L5Pro with L5, and secondly, I do not trust the results of this review, which I have already written about. In this review, the author and Lenovo clearly defeated the laws of nature ...)))

Dan6

It's sad how few Ryzen 7000 laptops exist. And even less are available to buy.. I wanted to buy T14 G3 with 32Gb ram, but in my region 32Gb only available with i7 which has worse battery life, so I just ended up staying with my current laptop for a while.

NikoB

Yes, it's ridiculous in 2022 to install from factory less than 32GB of ram. This is the minimum level for business and professional series. With any processor on board.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview