News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Jaw-droppingly priced RTX 4080 is selling like hot cakes on Newegg

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2022, 12:27:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia announced the RTX 4090 and the RTX 4080 on September 20. While both cards have been commended for their stellar performance increases over RTX 30 Ampere GPUs, many have bemoaned Nvidia's lackluster pricing, especially for the RTX 4080. But it appears RTX 4080's sky-high price tag hasn't dissuaded customers from buying the board as the card has become the best-selling GPU on Newegg.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Jaw-droppingly-priced-RTX-4080-is-selling-like-hot-cakes-on-Newegg.675093.0.html

RobertJasiek

Fawad Murtaza, where is your evidence? Do not lie to us!

Newegg's Most Popular Graphics Cards list, updated today, on two pages, does not list any 4080:

www.newegg.com/global/BH-en/Top-Deals-on-Graphics-Cards/EventSaleStore/ID-877?N=101534489&cm_sp=Homepage-Top2021-_-international%2f22-2012-_-%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2finternational%2f22-2012%2f1920x660.png&icid=733025

ClickBait

Poor journalism.  There's no such indication that it's a hot ticket item anywhere.  Pure clickbait.

Swgoh604

I thought my faith in humanity  was already gone, but this takes the cake.

Noobs buying a 4080 for only 10$ less than a card nearly 50% more powerful.
People literally have no money management skills period.
Enjoy the next decade of depression fools.

Mynamehear

It's droves not troves. Anyway, keep blowing up your retirement on solutions to lazy coding. Real bright.

Poster

Maybe someone had a personal stake in this with Newegg and or Nvidia?
Newegg's customer service and policies have left much to be desired over the years and no longer the retailer of choice for many.

ewilson248

I will keep my 3080FTW3 that I paid $700 BNIB direct from eVGA. These prices are crazy if you are a gamer. the 4080/4090 is a creators card now.

Keff

I guess I'll be sticking with my overclocked 1080ti for another generation.  Unless of course red team convinces me.  Excited to see what they have in store for 7950xt or 7990xtx.  We've reached a very interesting point where I feel like all my needs are almost met.  I don't need 8k, the most I'll ever need is 4k 120.  Seems a lot easier to keep the same hardware for more time

indy

Stopped using Newegg a decade ago when they denied my purchase, blamed my bank. Called my bank and they said lots of fraud on Newegg, might want to avoid using them or this will keep happening. So I bailed on Newegg. Have not had any issue similar with any other online retailer.

Jjjjj

Lmfao newegg only has to claim its the top selling gpu and writers actually fall for it. Shouldnt you guys have some critical thinking?

The 4090 sold out in 15 minutes, 4080s are still in stores, never sold out at all. Still on amazon, best buy, b and h photo, microcenter. How cripplingly stupid do you have to be to fall for this?

Its simple, Newegg got more stock of the 4080s no one wanted than the 4090s which had no more stock to sell.

Frank Rizzo

Quote from: Swgoh604 on December 16, 2022, 19:03:12I thought my faith in humanity  was already gone, but this takes the cake.

Noobs buying a 4080 for only 10$ less than a card nearly 50% more powerful.
People literally have no money management skills period.
Enjoy the next decade of depression fools.

Not everyone buys these cards for gaming. And, more to the point, that $10 more expensive card is at this point incapable of acting as a replacement, in any capacity--meaning, at best it can make for a very, very expensive paper weight, if anyone were to foolishly purchase it before understanding this.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview