News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell unveils new details about sustainability-focused Concept Luna

Started by Redaktion, December 15, 2022, 15:01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell's engineers have continued to work on Concept Luna, the company's sustainability-focused laptop design, over the past year, refining elements of the project to better improve repair and upgrade options. Key among these is the elimination of wires and adhesives and the inclusion of telemetry to help users and robots track the status of the laptop's components.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-unveils-new-details-about-sustainability-focused-Concept-Luna.674755.0.html

please speak clearly

Quote from: Anyone on December 15, 2022, 15:07:49And it all still goes to the dump after 3 years.
How so? The parts can be repurposed and laptops don't get thrown away after 3 years.

Buddy69

Are you going to repurpose this as an aquatic habitat? I.E. throw it in the river?

MOFO

What a brilliant idea!
 Sure get rid of MXM GPU's, BGA mobile CPU's , user replaceable RAM slots and removable batteries ( which DELL was in the for front of starting this trend )
but make a "modular" design laptop with limited upgrade options.
I remember the days when you could upgrade all that hardware without having to worry so much about more Ewaste and users could keep a laptop much longer instead of dumping something after 2-3 years.

merlo

Quote from: MOFO on December 16, 2022, 22:37:10What a brilliant idea!
 Sure get rid of MXM GPU's, BGA mobile CPU's , user replaceable RAM slots and removable batteries ( which DELL was in the for front of starting this trend )
but make a "modular" design laptop with limited upgrade options.
I remember the days when you could upgrade all that hardware without having to worry so much about more Ewaste and users could keep a laptop much longer instead of dumping something after 2-3 years.

+1

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview