News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony to replace PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition consoles with new modular PS5 option

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2022, 19:42:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to reports, Sony is still working towards fundamentally changing its PlayStation 5 offering. Reputedly, the company has now sent out modular PS5 test kits, with retail units planned to replace both the regular PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition eventually.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-to-replace-PlayStation-5-and-PlayStation-5-Digital-Edition-consoles-with-new-modular-PS5-option.674567.0.html

Foreign Chat Web

So, basically, Sony wants to sell a digital version PS5 with a separate hard drive for physical PS5 games, maybe certain PS4 games, Blu Ray discs, and DVDs.

I think that many Playstation fans and gamers are willing to wait for the PlayStation 6 console to be released by the end of this decade.

Michelle

Glad I own two PS5s with disc drives. No way I'd wait 5 to 6 more years for the 6 when the 5s are leaps ahead of the 4 already.

Razzo

I never owned one of these as the price too high, and my kids always prefer Xbox, however, getting one without the disk drive you don't need anyway might make it a worthwhile in budget friendly console. Then again, the steam deck is probably the winner this year.

Thedrunkenone

Johnnybong

Don't think there was a whistle blower. He's predicted Sony releases in the past as well so I don't think he's giving any info he shouldn't.

Thedrunkenone

Thedrunkenone

Cracklemon

Nice only took over a year to finally get one now your making a new one. It's b.s. you should be replacing customers ps5 with new models

Luci

This is just a ploy to keep being able to sell the ps5 at full price by removing the previous version off the shelves and replacing it with some "new" version.

PS10 cus789

I'm still looking for a ps5... anyone know a guy?

Chad

If you were lucky enough to grow up in the late 80's and 90's, then I'm afraid we have already peaked as far as game consoles go. Back then it wasn't a race to see who could pump out the next number in their respective lines. It was a race to put out the next Jaw dropping gaming console. These days it's all about being first in line to drop the latest number in a line. PS5-6,7 Xbox360,one,oneX etc. I just wish these companies that we have grown to love over the years would put their everything into developing something that will blow us away, rather than pump out the newest edition with next to no changes in appearance, graphics, and gameplay. We the consumer can wait a few years with the systems we have for you to drop something you put your heart and soul Into, rather than dropping 2 new consoles a year.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview