News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Thor 850 fully modular RGB PSU now 44% off on Amazon

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2022, 12:52:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Certified 80+ Platinum and built using low-ESR capacitors, the Asus ROG Thor 850 PSU features dustproof IPX5 wing-blade fans, ROG heatsinks,  Aura Sync addressable RGB lighting, and a LiveDash OLED panel that displays the power draw in real-time. After a 44% discount, it is now available on Amazon for US$139.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Thor-850-fully-modular-RGB-PSU-now-44-off-on-Amazon.674445.0.html

Kb9qdi

So funny how Amazon marks up the list price on products to make it look like a deal.I bought one in September for $169.99 normal list price lol. Sad Amazon.

G

It's still overpriced for an 850, and will be obsolete next year given the new ATX 3.0 standards already being utilized.
If you're looking for future proof, probably the dumbest $150 (once you add tax) you'll spend in 2022.
Even if you're build doesn't need anything to do with ATX 3.0/12+vhpwr (for the future of GPUs), your $150 could instead get you a much higher wattage PSU for future expandability, as even the"mighty kings of power efficient CPU/GPU" (AMD) have already shown they need much more power to compete with Nvidia's GPUs.
But go ahead and buy it, you can add "never again make uniformed/impulse purchases" to your new year's resolutions.
Happy holidays to you all!!

Codrut Nistor

Do you think that it's all about wattage??? I am sure you don't. I am using a passive Platinum-rated Seasonic in my desktop PC and I'll probably keep it around for another decade (I think I've been using for about 11-12 years already). Oh, yeah, and it only has 450 W.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview