News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Overclocked ASUS RX 7900 XTX TUF OC matches RTX 4090 in Cyberpunk 2077 while being 23% faster vs RTX 4080

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2022, 12:32:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX is now up for sale at US$999. Just as AMD claimed, the card performs better than the RTX 4080 in rasterized games. According to TechPowerUp's review of the ASUS RX 7900 XTX TUF OC, the GPU can even perform on par with the RTX 4090 in Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K when overclocked to 3.2 GHz.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Overclocked-ASUS-RX-7900-XTX-TUF-OC-matches-RTX-4090-in-Cyberpunk-2077-while-being-23-faster-vs-RTX-4080.674439.0.html

Swifty

I like what's ignored time and time again in these articles is the lack of DLSS or FSR use. Kind of misleading of the true difference in the cards.

PCGamer

7900XTX cards are actually retailing for $1100 and higher. And good luck even finding one to buy without having to buy from a scalper. Also, you do know you can overclock the 4090 and it again gains everything that the 7900XTX and more. Now, let's get real and throw in Ray tracing and the 7900XTX gets destroyed by almost double frame rates. Keep it apples to apples and stop lying and hyping the 7900XTX as something it's not.

Jff

This is cool that the AMD has a lot of headroom. But this isn't with ray tracing and how hot and loud does the card run at this overclock

DaveJones

Quote from: PCGamer on December 16, 2022, 18:47:537900XTX cards are actually retailing for $1100 and higher. And good luck even finding one to buy without having to buy from a scalper. Also, you do know you can overclock the 4090 and it again gains everything that the 7900XTX and more. Now, let's get real and throw in Ray tracing and the 7900XTX gets destroyed by almost double frame rates. Keep it apples to apples and stop lying and hyping the 7900XTX as something it's not.

Price performance = 7900

Allan

I wouldn't have A 4090 for 5 dollars.  Takes up all PCI slots.  No room for high end audio card. Old display port, meaning much lower refresh rates on the new monitors, soon to be released.  Ridiculous power connector. These issues are not compensated by a few extra frame rates.  The average human eye sees at 60fps. 

Alon

As a 4080 owner I can say that the only thing that matters in these high levels is RT Upscaled performance and this is where AMD falls flat. RT is gorgeous.

uplink

Oh rly? With RT ON and DLSS 3.0 utilized? No? Well, that's what I thought. I'm no Nvidia fan, their tactics and marketing are despicable, but I like seeing reality as it is, not some BS misleading tabloid clickbait and falsehope heading. Shame on You NC, shame on You.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Alon on December 20, 2022, 08:56:50As a 4080 owner I can say that the only thing that matters in these high levels is RT Upscaled performance

Uh, no. Work applications and, of course, the price also matter.

qisoed

Imho, for high end gaming these days, RT is the biggest factor because it brings new experience with it's immersive graphics. Again Imho, if we talk about rasterize performance in gaming then it shall fall into mid to low gaming performance where FPS is matter to able to finish the game.

Josh M

Quote from: Allan on December 18, 2022, 18:14:37I wouldn't have A 4090 for 5 dollars.  Takes up all PCI slots.  No room for high end audio card. Old display port, meaning much lower refresh rates on the new monitors, soon to be released.  Ridiculous power connector. These issues are not compensated by a few extra frame rates.  The average human eye sees at 60fps. 
Wow, so my 144HZ panel has been lying to my eyes? OMG I need to get a refund! /s

In all seriousness, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's perfectly fine if you want to live the rest of your life believing in idiotic things. But until you're actually educated, I would recommend keeping your spew to yourself.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview