News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT TOP Edition 29% down on Amazon and 50% in Micro Center stores

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2022, 09:54:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a list price of US$1,399.99, the Asus TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT TOP Edition is far from the "affordable RX 6900 XT implementation" label. However, the ongoing discounts make it rather attractive. Amazon's 29% off pushes the price down to US$999.99 while the massive Micro Center 50% discount brings this card to US$699.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-TUF-Gaming-AMD-Radeon-RX-6900-XT-TOP-Edition-29-down-on-Amazon-and-50-in-Micro-Center-stores.674435.0.html

vertigo

Quote from: Blablabla on December 14, 2022, 13:04:14Wow! 6900XT for the same price as 7900 XTX. What a steal!

Was going to say this as well. NBC should not post articles making things out to be a good deal when they clearly aren't, it's going to mislead people that aren't informed and trust the site for advice.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: Blablabla on December 14, 2022, 13:04:14Wow! 6900XT for the same price as 7900 XTX. What a steal!
I don't think there are any 7900 XTX cards around available for US$700. You should also keep in mind that you can't compare the pricing of the reference design with custom cards like this one here.

Reed Aqted

$699 is 50% off? I'm sorry, but with the 7900 XT and XTX pricing, $699 should be what it is at full price. XD

Codrut Nistor

Well, I am not the one who sets these prices. Other than that,  I agree with you. Although the crypto market is down, GPU prices remain insanely high.

7SX

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on December 14, 2022, 16:54:21
I don't think there are any 7900 XTX cards around available for US$700. You should also keep in mind that you can't compare the pricing of the reference design with custom cards like this one here.
My dude, the Amazon card is available for $999 which is the asking price for the 7900 XTX and the $699 is only available IN PERSON, if people even have time for that. And the reference design card is still comparable to literally ANY other card from AIBs, the 7900 XTX is guaranteed to crush this 6900 XT anyway so what's your point? Whatever it is, it's wack and seems to support misleading readers into buying old hardware at marked up prices.

Codrut Nistor

All great, until we get to the part regarding availability. I don't say it's fair, but the Amazon card is in stock. The asking price for the 7900 XTX is just a price for products that are nowhere to be found. Wait, they can be found on Amazon for twice that price. Again, not something fair, but...
... and regarding the people who have or don't have time to go and grab the US$699 card in person, it depends a lot on how much time they are willing to waste shopping for a previous-generation video card. Also, let's think about something - you said that the 7900 XTX is guaranteed to crush the 6900 XT. A 20-30% performance gain means "crushing" for you? Do you think there would be any visible difference for someone playing World of Tanks on a full HD monitor between the 6900 XT and the 7900 XTX?
One more thing - misleading would have been to simply skip the Micro Center deal and claim that Amazon's deal is the best one for a 6900 XT. I think we can agree at least on this. ;)

CoworkerKris

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on December 14, 2022, 23:35:32All great, until we get to the part regarding availability. I don't say it's fair, but the Amazon card is in stock. The asking price for the 7900 XTX is just a price for products that are nowhere to be found. Wait, they can be found on Amazon for twice that price. Again, not something fair, but...
... and regarding the people who have or don't have time to go and grab the US$699 card in person, it depends a lot on how much time they are willing to waste shopping for a previous-generation video card. Also, let's think about something - you said that the 7900 XTX is guaranteed to crush the 6900 XT. A 20-30% performance gain means "crushing" for you? Do you think there would be any visible difference for someone playing World of Tanks on a full HD monitor between the 6900 XT and the 7900 XTX?
One more thing - misleading would have been to simply skip the Micro Center deal and claim that Amazon's deal is the best one for a 6900 XT. I think we can agree at least on this. ;)

The 6900XT has been regularly:
Under 1000 since May
Under 800 since August
Under 700 since September.
Newegg at this time has the 6900XT at 699/689/619 depending on brand/model.
AMD storefront has the 6950XT at an (unreasonable) price of 799.

My 1992 Mazda MX3 MSRP started at 14350, but today it's worth 500. I cannot claim 97% off the list price, neither can anyone claim 50% off the overinflated list prices of last generation video cards.

I can, as of right now typing this, buy a 7900XT for 899 from newegg, in stock.

The 7900XTX can be anywhere from 30-70% faster, or more, depending on: Resolution, API (Vulkan/DX12/etc), Raytracing, title, etc.

There are very little differences in AIB and reference designs... and plenty AIBs are selling reference designs.

This entire article and responses in the comments are very out of touch with reality.
That or this was a paid/sponsored post. I'm going with the latter.

Codrut Nistor

Well, it's not a paid/sponsored post, unless Asus knows what I don't. Otherwise, maybe you should research better - https://www.newegg.com/asus-radeon-rx-6900-xt-tuf-rx6900xt-t16g-gaming/p/N82E16814126561 (yes, I found one for about US$800, but was shipping from Hong Kong, so it would be subjected to some import fees).

Also, at the time of this comment, all 7900 XTX cards on Newegg are out of stock... maybe that wasn't the case when you published your last comment or when I published my article, but it is now.

CoworkerKris

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on December 15, 2022, 08:24:37Well, it's not a paid/sponsored post, unless Asus knows what I don't. Otherwise, maybe you should research better -  (yes, I found one for about US$800, but was shipping from Hong Kong, so it would be subjected to some import fees).

Also, at the time of this comment, all 7900 XTX cards on Newegg are out of stock... maybe that wasn't the case when you published your last comment or when I published my article, but it is now.

There are two 7900XT cards now in stock, a Sapphire and XFX, both 899. Literally type in 7900XT in newegg search. That's all to do to "research better"

There are two 6950XT cards for 799, ASROCK and XFX
and there's a 6900XT for 699.

Cherry picking the results for a singular make/model (ASUS TUF) does tally favor for your argument. However, there are no special arguments for choosing the Asus TUF exclusively at such a huge premium for cards that peform within 1-3% of each other, and all cooling solutions, including reference cards, are perfectly acceptable.

I like Asus, don't get me wrong. I've regularly purchased their Zenbooks since their UX31a in 2012, and have their  UM425ia currently. I also have their AM4 TUF motherboard.

But I wouldn't pay 100 dollars more at amazon, at 999, for a 6900xt, when I can buy, right now, an in stock sapphire 7900xt for 899.

There are two takeaways:
A. Stock is generally stable, if there is general availability days after release
B. Crypto peak and demand is balancing, which means accepting insanely high scalper prices for products has for the most part, ended unreasonable pricing... like 999 for a 6900xt.

Codrut Nistor

"Literally type in 7900XT in newegg search" - I obviously did that and nothing was available yesterday, when I did it. Maybe you got lucky. Maybe now more are available, or if you repeat the search, you come out empty-handed as I did.
As I side note, I should hate Asus for a bazillion reasons - had an extremely bad X1950 Pro from them (custom cooling solution was a disaster, card had to be severely underclocked to play some games without having the VRM hit 120 Celsius), a bunch of DVD writers simply unable to burn dual-layer DVDs, a laptop that was overheating like hell and, although it was used for office work, it died after less than 6000 hours of use, and so on. The Xonars, on the other hand, are pretty good. In the end, any brand has good and bad products, can't be top-notch all the time.
P.S. Agree with you. If I had about 1000 USD and looking for a video card now, I'd wait for the 7900 XTX to become available. In the meantime, I would game the hell out of my smartphones and tablets. :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview