News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Jeep maker to close Cherokee plant citing high EV production costs as it may charge to unlock heated seats

Started by Redaktion, December 13, 2022, 17:33:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Stellantis may be going big on microtransactions to unlock various features that come standard on its future electric cars, as it tries to recoup some of the increased costs of EV making. Illinois State Senators are scrambling to save the Belvidere plant that Stellantis said will close due to the expenses involved in EV production.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Jeep-maker-to-close-Cherokee-plant-citing-high-EV-production-costs-as-it-may-charge-to-unlock-heated-seats.674403.0.html

indy

Producers should also be aware that a market will develop to circumvent these artificial limitations, and that will increase their own internal security costs, which seems like a battle not worth fighting for.

If you make a good, reliable car and focus on your customers' needs, you will thrive. These ideas of artificial segmentation seem profitable at first, but long-term, they turn customers off. I can't list the number of companies that I no longer do business with that I used to because they got a tad greedy or lost focus.

A car manufacturer that doesn't focus on these artificial software limitations will thrive (see Linux Kernel as example of growth in marketplace.)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview