News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Upcoming MSI Titan GT77 to be the first to offer 4K 144 Hz mini-LED display with 1,008 dimming zones and 1,000 nits peak brightness

Started by Redaktion, December 13, 2022, 09:46:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming MSI Titan GT77 will be the world's first gaming laptop with a 4K 144 Hz mini-LED panel, according to exclusive information from industry sources. The DisplayHDR 1000-certified panel will offer 1,008 dimming zones, a 1,000-nit peak brightness, and a 3 ms response time with overdrive on.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Upcoming-MSI-Titan-GT77-to-be-the-first-to-offer-4K-144-Hz-mini-LED-display-with-1-008-dimming-zones-and-1-000-nits-peak-brightness.673883.0.html

Ednumero

csbr

I have no idea why you thought anyone would care about your preference of a 3840x2400 120Hz screen.
Please refrain from giving your useless opinions.

NikoB

A very lousy screen - the already old iPad had 4000 zones and still the owners complain about the visible halos of the symbols on the borders of the zones.

With only 1000 zones, the halos around the text at the borders of the zones will get even more, and as a result, the owners will be forced to turn off this profanity in an attempt to keep up with AMOLED and switch to one common backlight. If this is possible at all, and if the multi-zone does not turn off, then you will suffer with it until the end of the laptop's service life or until you replace it with a normal IPS with multi-row backlight (which eliminates edge light), but with a contrast of 1500: 1.

You also need to consider - what interface is used for the screen panel - if eDP 1.4b - there is a transmission with loss of color in 144Hz mode (DSC lossy compression, this is not a monitor mode), because. for this you need 29Gbit/s, and eDP1.4 has a maximum of 25.92 Gbit/s of payload.. and only if the panels are connected to DP2.0 (at least with UHBR10@4 lines), then we can talk about an honest monitor lossless signal...

Ednumero

QuoteI have no idea why you thought anyone would care about your preference of a 3840x2400 120Hz screen.
Please refrain from giving your useless opinions.

Actually come to think of it I would prefer a 3840x2560 90Hz screen more. You're welcome to contribute to the discussion though. :)

indy

I tend to agree. Higher resolution at reasonable refresh rates 90Hz) versus ridiculous refresh rates (>120Hz) at lower resolutions.

Not everyone needs high refresh all the time. But higher resolution benefits your entire experience, games or not.

NikoB

Quote from: indy on December 13, 2022, 22:50:08Not everyone needs high refresh all the time. But higher resolution benefits your entire experience, games or not.

A fast response panel guarantees the lack of porridge before your eyes even in ordinary surfing pages in scroll time.

All laptops at the end of 2022 are required to have a screen with a maximum response of not more than 10ms on B2W/G2G and a real contrast at least 1200:1 (1500:1+ is best for working with the text) so as not to spoil people with vision. Instead, frank garbage is everywhere, and even with a shameful color space of only 45-46% NTSC in more than 70% of retail laptops.

The world is systematically turned into a trash in pursuit of greed and profit...

Ednumero

Quote from: NikoB on December 14, 2022, 13:18:21... fast response panels ...
To me, it's somewhere in between. Fast response times are great for scrolling (as well as gaming). High resolutions can also be nice, but what I'm really referring to are aspect ratios taller than 16:9. 144Hz is nice, <10ms response times are great, and 3840 width is useful for placing windows side-by-side. However you'll be scrolling more on a 16:9 display than a 16:10 or 3:2 of corresponding horizontal size.

16:10 is really a better balance for a multi-use setup. And with the taller aspect ratios becoming more available again, it can become difficult to properly appreciate otherwise-notable stats (putting aside whether or not these particular ones are) when they're in a display that's saddled by an aspect ratio that should in earnest be less dominating of the product space than it is.

Quote from: NikoB on December 14, 2022, 13:18:21Another nonsense [post] from an illiterate layman
Also just a bit of friendly advice, but you might want to tone down the personal attacks a bit. You put the other user down as an 'illiterate layman', but phrasing it as such doesn't really lend you a lot of credibility yourself. I understand getting frustrated by informational inaccuracies, but it's better to argue the facts directly. Besides, I don't know where exactly the line is before a whole comment gets removed, even where it may otherwise contain valid points.

NikoB

I have a old monitor with real 7ms + 94% AdobeRGB in front of my eyes and there are a couple of laptops with 60Hz screens nearby - on them, with any scrolling, porridge instead of readable text on the monitor. The most shameful thing is that such terrible screens are still install even in the "game" series, which is simply unthinkable.

my opinion is just the most reasoned, unlike the mass of illiterate technically ordinary people, whom I observe in all forums without exception. I can be wrong too, but I only perceive arguments. Here everything is obvious as 2 + 2.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview