News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla’s $144 ultrasonic sensor cost savings lead to a parking functionality gap for frustrated new owners

Started by Redaktion, December 06, 2022, 20:32:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla car buyers are often getting surprised to discover that the EV maker has removed the parking sensors in its new vehicle batches without providing an alternative first. Tesla does warn that its transition to camera-only autonomous driving and parking assist will take time, but there's yet to be a fix.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-s-144-ultrasonic-sensor-cost-savings-lead-to-a-parking-functionality-gap-for-frustrated-new-owners.673111.0.html

Debz

This is a big concern for me because when I ordered the car, none of this was communicated to me.
I need the audio chime to warn me, my precious car had it and I have got quite used to it. My previous car being almost half the price of my Tesla Model Y had the proximity sensors.
This is not done, unless you have the software ready you should not have removed it from the cars.
I would urge Tesla to please do everything in its capacity to have the software for Tesla Vision out asap.

Bra1ne

Yep an annoying missing feature of my new purchase which I thought would be standard. Very disappointed.

Joao

Tesla is not the most profitable auto maker in the world.. come on! Company earnings are public. What about Toyota, Volkswagen, etc etc etc.

Karen Mabry

Purchased my 1st Tesla in 2017 model S came with Enhanced auto pilot but I ordered the full self driving option. Since 2017 I have paid for an option of FSD that has never been able to be used. Still waiting for someone to call me and give me a refund for an option that was never available due to laws governing full self driving .

Recently, 3 weeks ago I
Received my new model Y. Unfortunately after receiving my new vehicle my premium conductivity package that was offered in March is now an option they want me to pay for monthly, I also expected the enhanced auto pilot to be Stanford they now want to charge $6000 for this option. I was offered a  $99 a month subscription to the enhanced auto pilot which has recently disappeared from the Tesla website and the only option I have at this point it's full self driving Option at a $199 amount sdescription or $15000 to purchase. As everybody knows FSD options isn't even available on today's market so why buy an option again that I can't use!
 Tesla is not fulfilling the  basic car needs that other EV  models are coming out with such as Ford  Chevy and Toyota.
At $80000 for a EV  Tesla needs to up their options to their customers to stay in the EV market. If you're an investor like I am   I'm thinking of putting my money elsewhere . Elon Musk needs to get on board with the Tesla company and give us What was promise an autonomous vehicle or refund that option to prior purchase. Very doasappointed with this EV company.

Todd

Tesla have always loved making a cost cutting measure and somehow pretended them to be advanced innovations. Remember they cheaped out on their LCD displays with non automotive grade panels, thinking themselves geniuses for it.

Then when they inevitably failed, instead of replacing them they half arsed again and just use the aircon to keep the whole interior 40⁰C when parked. Again they market this as them being clever and a 'feature' for the user to keep children/dogs cool.

They made customers pay for their mistakes with wasted energy keeping a parked car cool. Never mind that 40⁰ is dangerously hot for kids.

Jonquier Mayle

noah

Quote from: Jonquier Mayle on December 08, 2022, 01:49:13Bro, Model 3 has never had LIDAR nor has any other Tesla production model.
Yup came to say same thing, hard to give this author any credibility with a comment like that

Nickg

Buy a Kia EV6 - mine has front and rear parking sensors as well as cameras and radar all round. All for less than a model 3.

21M3

I agree with #10! If basic driving skills are so difficult then maybe you shouldn't be driving anyways, move your head and look! Geez, I own a Tesla myself but I would always trust my judgment first, it's a car not a chauffeur

Sunny

Then what's the point of buying an expensive car that doesn't come with the basic park assist features that all the other cars now have, dude?

I purchased the Tesla for the "smart" features that they used to have (such as Autopark, smart-summon, forward collision warning, etc.), not for them to cut down $144 and released the Tesla Vision without having the software updates in hands prior to remove the ultrasonic sensors!

My personal experience with this new Tesla Vision release was almost led to a car collision because it didn't detect the car in front while on autopilot mode.

When you said "it's a car, not a chauffeur", you're totally missing the point that people purchased a Tesla for what it promised or claimed of capable to do - allow true autonomous driving - which the Tesla Vision failed to deliver, and that's what we're talking about here. So please stop insulting the author with your arrogant comment "If basic driving skills are so difficult then maybe you shouldn't be driving anyways". Thank you!

Bp968

Quote from: Joao on December 07, 2022, 12:23:30Tesla is not the most profitable auto maker in the world.. come on! Company earnings are public. What about Toyota, Volkswagen, etc etc etc.

Most profit per vehicle.

Dude

This is not how you "roll out" a feature or change of it, you should keep the old way (the ultrasonic sensor) until you have the new one ready for action not just get rid of it while not communicating it to customers that ordered cars a while ago, that leads to very unhappy customers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview