News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX fails to impress in first Geekbench run

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2022, 14:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX has been benchmarked on Geekbench's OpenCL and Vulkan benchmarks, where it scores 150,372 and 91,652 points, respectively. Both scores are slower than the last-gen Radeon RX 6900 XT and miles behind Nvidia's current-gen offerings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-7900-XTX-fails-to-impress-in-first-Geekbench-run.672748.0.html

WaitWhat

Geekbench is the worst benchmarking software and it's borderline useless. Using Vulkan the 2080 Ti scores higher than 3080 Ti for example.

Sebastian Mikulec

Geekbench is a terrible benchmark to measure real world performance by, even when just compared to other synthetic benchmarks. Get back to me when we have 3rd party benchmarks in actual games.

Kajooon771

What a load of rubbish. How can a benchmark be taken serious when its telling you that a card is slower than last gen lol

spike86

They are trying
Quote from: Hansens on December 05, 2022, 14:38:30Is this Nvidia sponsored content?

Yes it is. In the first benchmark we are seeing that the 7900 xtx has 48 CU. There is a little problem right there, because the 7900 xtx has 96 CU. They made the benchmark running the card at half the power. RIDICOLOUS

Troy

Wtf is this.. I'm reporting site as spam/malicious through what recommended it. Clear bias trying to tarnish image of AMD new cards... as if you didn't know something was wrong with score less than last Gen. Yet you publish it as fact. You're a joke and nobody takes you seriously. Stop shilling for Nvidia.

***Competition is GOOD FOR CONSUMERS.***

Rob Stan

If you think Geekbench CPU is a trash benchmark... wait 'till you see GB "compute"

...oh wait, this article is littered with claims about how this or that card is (in gaming!) while using random trash results that popped up in that dumpster bin of a benchmark.

Look at benchmark at results of the same SKUs (old or new), there's such gigantic variance that I'm not even sure how anyone takes GB seriously anymore.

Oh and would you look at that, NBC posts a stupid article of some CLEARLY broken results, draws conclusions (in the click-baity headline no less), the updatea with some more consistent/impressive ones... but keeps the same cringe headline.

Do you even have a idea how badly this reflects on you? The ppl commenting sure do...

Shame, your review side is pretty solid, your editorial/news one... pure trash.

I wonder sometimes if you just suck at your job or if you have "benefactors" paying you to write in unflattering/unprofessional ways about their competition...

Jadesphynx

Funny I read another article a few hours ago that said something completely different. I smell an nvidia shill.

James-bcb

Please remove the article or update the headline since as you updated the scores shows it actually sits exactly where everyone expected it to score. Faster than the 4080 and slower than the 4090. Or is this website sponsored by Nvidia?

Toyashi

It's a pre-release benchmark on beta drivers.

Like dude, I hope you're not getting paid for this atrocious article.

Cb

If you have 10 benchmarks and 9 of them agree within a few percentage points with one almost comically bad outlier WHY do you use the outlier for ANYTHING.
Geekbench is always that outlier. Stop using it.

VZ

Tired of having reviewers/journalists post things just to collect views and be paid for that. There are several errors with benchmark results and this is definitely not a reflection of the card's real life performance (AMD will not produce a new GPU series that will perform worse than the previous generation.).
Shameful...

Dr omega iv nega

It's gonna takes years to see any improvement due to number one same problem when amd make any changes to their architecture....drivers and drivers

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview