News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G3 ACL review: low-emissions office notebook that goes the distance

Started by Redaktion, November 30, 2022, 16:11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkBook scores points with a Ryzen 5 CPU, moderate emissions, and good battery life. This laptop comes with Windows 11 Pro and offers USB-C power delivery as one of its strong points. The whole package is available for around 600 Euros (US$728).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkBook-15-G3-ACL-review-low-emissions-office-notebook-that-goes-the-distance.671794.0.html

NikoB

Very poor screen in terms of contrast and color reproduction.
Outdated processor. It is impossible to install optimal 32GB of ram in dual channel mode, which is almost a standard minimum today, especially with the extremely cheap DDR4 3200.

Very high heating and exhaust on the screen in the region of 50C, while modern slim panels have a maximum operating temperature of only 50C by datasheets, not even 55C, as it was before...

Again, an unsuccessful power supply scheme from usb-c on the left side - right-handed people simply cannot use these laptops reclining on the couch - they will quickly break the connector with their feet. And on battery power, the processor speed is lower (as well as RAM speed), and the operating time is too low.

The only plus is the rather low noise in an average load.

The Ideapad 3 Gaming 2022 was sold in the US in November for the same money, with the latest and much faster Zen3+ (and not the infamous Zen2+ U series) and much more comfortable keyboard and port layout, especially the power plug on the back, equally convenient for right-handers and left-handers. Although it is noisier, but you can install at least 64GB of memory there in dual channel mode.

SP

NikoB

Quote from: SP on December 01, 2022, 21:20:11Why not review a newer model instead of this outdated one? I just don't get it.
Apparently they can't get newer models, and they can't buy them themselves.

So it would be necessary to evaluate the G9 455/450 with 6800U/5825U also with i5 1240p/i7 1260p.

But there are no reviews, and the year has already ended. G10 Coming Soon...

Even the G8 455 with 5800U/5600U 2021 is not even here.

These are models that have at least a normal round angled power plug, and not a moronic newfangled usb-c that sticks out perpendicular to the case and easily breaks out with a foot on the couch, a right-handed person.

Well, you can also remember the TravelMate P2 c 5650U / 5850U, although the numpad is damaged there, but the right-handed ports are well made and the power plug. And there is even a d-sub and always a 3 year warranty... again there are no reviews on them, just like there is no review with the i7 1165G7, as an alternative with a TB4.0 port in the appendage.

Oleksa

I use the translator (Google).
I have been using this laptop for more than a year (ryzen 5700u, 16gb).
The screen is bad.
The sound is good.
Autonomy is weak.
Quiet (subjectively) up to 50% load, after that it is no longer a pleasant whistle (the same problem on younger 14-inch models).
The arrows on the keyboard are terrible, I never got used to them, I constantly press the wrong ones.
RAM expansion is actually possible only up to 24 GB (ie 8 + 16).
When installing various 32Gb modules, many problems immediately begin:
- productivity is immediately 2-3 times lower
- constant system errors (Windows, Ubuntu), reboots, sudden shutdowns.
Today I installed the latest bios, it also did not help.
I use it with 2 144hz full hd ips monitors (works well).
Camera (like all cameras in other laptops for 15 years).
The case is not very strong, because the lower cover is made of soft plastic, which reduces the strength of the structure. There is a lot of space so that you can make 2 connectors for RAM.
Lenovo saves pennies (like everyone else).
A 45-watt battery is not enough for such a laptop.

NikoB

Most likely, the power binding of the ram slot in Lenovo is made very badly, so 32GB modules are buggy. Or is it just a defect of your copy. Because Zen2+ definitely supports 64GB overall and 32GB modules. There should be no problems with them, only if Lenovo intends in bios is  block their work for marketing reasons.

NikoB

The screen is replaced in 1 hour by hand with 72% NTSC around $90 (Grade A+). It is better to take slim panels from LG - they are 100% flicker free.

And the camera is really a shame, but Lenovo's marketers deliberately put this misery in order to smash this miserable series with Ideapad 5 years ago. Previously, they had one line - S340, as a single line instead of IP3/IP5, but then the greedy Lenovo bosses decided that it was too fat sell S340 with 720p camera and single slot. When you can make a wretched line IP3 with one slot and a shameful webcam and a wretched line IP5, where the camera is still wretched 720p, but there are no expansion slots, and the screens are always wretched 45-46% NTSC (which they deliberately hide in psref)

As a result, we have a miserable laptop in everything for the end of 2022. The price of which is $400.

NikoB

Sorry, while switching, I forgot that this is a Thinkbook series, but one hell - but in practice with AMD inside it is almost impossible to find this series in retail with a 100% sRGB screen, only with Intel (there is also have TB4 port) and the camera is of course miserable for 2022. But even in Legion 7 it's only 1080p when it should already be 1440p@60Hz.

Oleksa

The screen is not so important to me, I bought the laptop specifically to connect 2 monitors. The laptop itself is folded.
But the problem with the 32Gb memory module is painful (I bought 2 modules, one in Europe, one in China).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview