News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MIUI 14: Xiaomi boasts OS update is ‘light as a swallow’ thanks to Project Razor cutbacks

Started by Redaktion, November 29, 2022, 18:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi continues to tease MIUI 14 on social media, having recently confirmed the OS update's inclusion in the forthcoming Xiaomi 13 and Xiaomi 13 Pro. Arriving on December 1, Xiaomi claims it enacted 'Project Razor' last year to improve MIUI in three major areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MIUI-14-Xiaomi-boasts-OS-update-is-light-as-a-swallow-thanks-to-Project-Razor-cutbacks.671455.0.html

Meow

highly doubt it will fix anything. Miui13 is a complete failure. The Mi security 10 seconds delay prompt on unsecure apps is a no brainer for any true android user. let alone ChinaROM that have widespread compatibility on WearOS, Google  Handsfree assistance and riddle with advertisements and chinese words fragments in english mode.

Codrut Nistor

As long as you get a good launcher and don't bother too much with the MIUI-related stuff, MIUI 13 is survivable as well. If MIUI 14 turns out to be a failure, I am hardly waiting to slap some custom ROMs on my Mi 10T Pro and keep it alive for another 2-3 years. Yesterday I installed an Android 13-based ROM on my ancient Mi A1 and I must say that it's simply amazing. And snappy enough for a half-decade phone, too!

M3

I've been using only official ROMs on my Xiaomi phones and I'd be delighted to be as they say, less bloatware and useless apps, advertisements etc. To be honest, I hated Miui 6 years ago with my first Xiaomi, I really did, but I got accustomed to it, it's not that bad, sure, it slows the phone at a degree, it has bugs, but it is what it is, their phones offer a good price for the value.

Codrut Nistor

Now, imagine being able to use the phone properly thanks to a custom ROM. You don't lose much, but depending on the ROM, you could get more than any Android skin out there by the big brands will ever be able to offer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview