News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Coke beats the Pepsi Tesla Semi deliveries by a week as Renault trolls its belated launch

Started by Redaktion, November 26, 2022, 00:03:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While Pepsi is setting up its Megacharger station to accept its first Tesla Semi batch on December 1, Coca-Cola is already doing deliveries in battery-powered trucks as of today. Renault Trucks previously mocked Elon Musk about the Semi's release promises and now beat Tesla to the long-haul EV game by a week.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Coke-beats-the-Pepsi-Tesla-Semi-deliveries-by-a-week-as-Renault-trolls-its-belated-launch.670698.0.html

janolsen

150 km average drive with 200 km battery. This sounds like a very bad investment.

Being an average, I assume some routes easily gets worryingly close to 200 km as no normal driver below retirement age will ever drive so crazy slow that he beats EPA or WLTP estimates.

Belgium also has winter, so cannot expect 200 km range all year...

This is in line with Renault Zoe, just the worst electric range and charging possible.

Tesla will offer supercharging and range that is not so limited compared to actual driving needs. Maybe not perfect either, but another planet of user experience.

Daytongarmin

Any move forward on EVs is welcome. New ventures are always fraught with problems. Musk's mental stability is an issue at Tesla. I own a Tesla and am concerned about the stability of the brand. 

Peter Capomolla Moore

Good to see any transition to EV, this should give Coke and Pepsi in coming days, weeks & months vital data to support their future EV direction. As you riggtly say this is not an apples to apples comparison to the Tesla Semi which of course is leaps & bounds beyond this and a completely different class of truck. It will not be truck drivers that determine EV transition but accountants and company strategists looking for a competitive edge over their rivals. The long term survival of all companies relies on profitability, in the transport industry this is cost per mile / kilometer. If your competitor is killing you on delivery costs you either match them, provide a better service or cease to exist - this will drive the transition

Bing

Musk's disastrous Twitter saga has revealed his insanity. Have always planned to buy a Tesla but cannot find myself supporting him now. Have decided to buy a non-Tesla instead.

Fred

You're loss, Musk is a genius and continues to lead. He has plans for new ideas that will amaze open minded people. Get with it.

Car guy

Did you know, Elon Musk started building the charging infrastructure across America for Tesla, 3 years before the car! Genius!

JC

Quote from: Bing on November 27, 2022, 15:25:47Musk's disastrous Twitter saga has revealed his insanity. Have always planned to buy a Tesla but cannot find myself supporting him now. Have decided to buy a non-Tesla instead.
Such an uneducated statement! How does buying a social media company have anything to do with buying the most advanced EV in the world! I suppose you also don't support these companies... SpaceX, Tesla Solar, Starlink, Tesla Power wall, that make the world better?

Elon

Quote from: Bing on November 27, 2022, 15:25:47Musk's disastrous Twitter saga has revealed his insanity. Have always planned to buy a Tesla but cannot find myself supporting him now. Have decided to buy a non-Tesla instead.
what a fucking retard

Mark A Sweat

The problem is your hatred of the man or his abilities. The Tesla semi is far superior to this model of Volvo. If Elon wished to release a comparable model it would of been releast 5 years ago!!!:)(;🧙�♂️

TR

Don't let your Jealousy or Ignorance influence your purchase. Tesla makes a far superior product with a charging network that will get you somewhere, unlike all others.

Don pablo

Dumb article written by and for dumb people. The bait is disclosed towards the end. These vehicle types are totally different and the coke fleet are much less useful.

Congrats to them on their niche, Belgium novelty EVs.

Melon Husk

These electric Renault trucks are all well and good, but have they thought to recruit an army of online fanboys to defend their product against anyone who says a bad word against them?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview