News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla lowers Supercharger prices across the board breaking the gas-powered vehicle fueling cost parity

Started by Redaktion, November 25, 2022, 19:27:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla is reversing its Supercharger prices that at one point made charging electric cars cost the equivalent of fueling the average gas-powered vehicle. Tesla drivers in various high-priced Supercharger regions such as California or Germany are reporting a sizable drop in the cost per kWh.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-lowers-Supercharger-prices-across-the-board-breaking-the-gas-powered-vehicle-fueling-cost-parity.670667.0.html

teslasucks

the best part of this article is that they had to price the gas car filling up at $6/gallon to match Tesla cost hahahah. so the $3.75 most people in America pay, absolutely obliterates tesla on every level. nice way to word that. "charging Tesla almost twice the cost of filling up your tank"

Dan S.

No one, I repeat, no one charges exclusively at Superchargers and nobody in the US pays for electricity at home at a rate even getting close to gas.

Take in the entire ecosystem of charging for the typical EV and the advantage over gas is huge.

Omar

I've had a model 3 and model x. I've charged exclusively. I repeat, exclusively at super chargers.

I've never paid over $20 on a completely empty battery. I live in Bay Area. Prices are presumably higher? I've charged at dozens of chargers, never seen it as high as it says in this article. The ones I go to are .17 and .24kWh.

This entire article sounds false to me. At least I do not live in the same dimension as this article seems to operate in. I have gas cars too. Believe me. They cost much, much more. Electric is better. Don't fight it.

Deno

Dan S. Do you know everyone and everything!?
Don't be a muppet! - I charge exclusively at Superchargers... and btw I'm not a 'Muskovite' Incase you were wondering.

Mike M

I believe that Tesla's free superchargers intro a few years back was Elon Musk's ploy to accelerate the consumer adoption curve of the Tesla vehicle to a point that satisfied him,then start charging for the supercharger usage.  A bait-and-switch tactic remeniscient of a used var salesman of old.  I would not trust Elon Musk nor line his pocketbook any further than I could throw him. EVgo? EVpay! Cough it up, son.

"There's no such thing as a free lunch, unless you have a coupon for a free lunch...or someone gives you a lunch...never mind."

John Adams

Todd Wagner

Mei

I had model S since 2013. Free if my car's first name. And I don't know they should made all EV Plugs same as Tesla supercharger. It will be no place to park and charge. Now if they can made it like 15-20 minutes faster charging up. That's awesome. I don't mind.

Mei

Quote from: Mei on November 27, 2022, 19:36:44I had model S since 2013. Free is my car's first name. And I don't know they should made all EV Plugs same as Tesla supercharger. It will be no place to park and charge. Now if they can made it like 15-20 minutes faster charging up. That's awesome. I don't mind.

Owntwotesla

Quote from: teslasucks on November 26, 2022, 22:17:37the best part of this article is that they had to price the gas car filling up at $6/gallon to match Tesla cost hahahah. so the $3.75 most people in America pay, absolutely obliterates tesla on every level. nice way to word that. "charging Tesla almost twice the cost of filling up your tank"

This is entirely false,  I charge my car 90% of the time at home at $.09/kWh. So that means my completely empty Tesla costs me $9 to charge to full for 350 Miles of range. When I charge at a super station it's only to get enough to get home or to destination charging(which is free)at the hotel. That typically runs $.11-$.18/kWh which would cost me $11-$18 to fill all the way up but you don't do that you get enough to get to where you are going.

C-Raig

This isn't true for everyone.  Might want to change "across the board" to in select areas.  In Honolulu, HI the price shot up to $0.65/kWhr from $0.56/kWhr during peak hours and $0.46/kWhr from $0.29/kWhr in non-peak hours. They also extended the peak hours by 8 hours. Way more expensive after Thanksgiving.

C-Raig

Quote from: Dan S. on November 26, 2022, 22:39:03No one, I repeat, no one charges exclusively at Superchargers and nobody in the US pays for electricity at home at a rate even getting close to gas.

Take in the entire ecosystem of charging for the typical EV and the advantage over gas is huge.

I charge exclusively at superchargers because I don't have a way to charge at home... At least I have for the past 10 months.  That's changing now that the prices went up after Thanksgiving.

geemy

Quote from: teslasucks on November 26, 2022, 22:17:37the best part of this article is that they had to price the gas car filling up at $6/gallon to match Tesla cost hahahah. so the $3.75 most people in America pay, absolutely obliterates tesla on every level. nice way to word that. "charging Tesla almost twice the cost of filling up your tank"
you should read the article before commenting.
"Tesla drivers in various high-priced Supercharger regions such as California or Germany are reporting a sizable drop in the cost per kWh."
those Regions have high electricity prices, thus higher supercharging cost, and also high gas prices.
the maths done here are favoring gas price because they compare peak supercharging cost and compared with 40mpg which is way more than the average, so it's really a kind of worse case scenario. can you name one single car that does 0-60 in 4s, on regular gas, and gets 40mpg ?

average supercharging cost in the us is around $.30 and average gas price $3.6 for regular, $4.3 for premium so parity happens for about 50mpg on regular gas and 60npg on premium gas...
of course if you're charging at home the cost is less than half so overall electric cars cost per mile is more comparable to 100-150mpg which is more in line with their actual efficiency and is the real equivalent of your usual trip to the gas station. supercharging is premium price
supercharging over home charging because you are contributing to the investment into the infrastructure that is required  for your road trips with an EV. this is why fast charging needs competition to keep the prices down and not a Tesla monopoly. I think Tesla price cuts, opening NACS standard and partnering with ev manufacturers is a strategy to slow down alternative charging networks while they keep pushing and investing into the supercharger network, and try to keep control over a large majority of the fast charging market

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview