News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Scalped RTX 4080 GPUs are apparently selling 3x worse than RTX 4090 cards on eBay

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2022, 10:13:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although the RTX 4080 brings a big performance bump over the RTX 3080, it costs US$500 more for the Founders Edition SKU. Owing to this price bump, reports have suggested that the card isn't selling as well as the RTX 4090. The latest story comes from Tom's Hardware which looked at eBay sales for the RTX 4080 since launch and found out that the board is underselling by a factor of 3.4 vs the RTX 4090.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Scalped-RTX-4080-GPUs-are-apparently-selling-3x-worse-than-RTX-4090-cards-on-eBay.670268.0.html

S.Yu

"Sell 3.4x worse"...ok I really took time wrapping my head around that. I believe it's called "selling 1/8th as much/quick", in English.

mixedfish

The cards are just not selling at retail. Someone might buy a scalped card if it's a particular brand or type they want but most are available easily and at RRP or close.

t4n0n

Quote from: S.Yu on November 24, 2022, 15:43:18"Sell 3.4x worse"...ok I really took time wrapping my head around that. I believe it's called "selling 1/8th as much/quick", in English.

Yep. It boggles the mind, how people come up with this kind of convoluted phraseology.

S.Yu

Quote from: mixedfish on November 25, 2022, 01:39:17The cards are just not selling at retail. Someone might buy a scalped card if it's a particular brand or type they want but most are available easily and at RRP or close.
And I should say finally!! It's severely overpriced, and bumping the price that much each gen is outrageous, and I think regular people know that, the biggest difference is that the crypto mob left. And I don't buy the cost excuse at all, each wafer is more expensive on the latest process but they now fit twice as many chips on a wafer. Maybe it's finally time Ngreedia gets taught a lesson.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview