News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Generous 29% discount hits Razer Blade 14 gaming laptop with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Started by Redaktion, November 22, 2022, 10:58:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In addition to the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics adapter, the discounted Razer Blade 14 configuration available on Amazon also features 16 GB of memory and a 1 TB SSD. After a 29% discount, the US$2,799.99 list price of this compact gaming laptop drops to US$1,999.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Generous-29-discount-hits-Razer-Blade-14-gaming-laptop-with-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900HX-and-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080.669774.0.html

S.Yu

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on November 24, 2022, 10:19:07Why not a good mix? You're thinking about overheating?
Severely limited TGP wastes a lot of the potential of the chip, but they charge largely the same nonetheless...but yeah, "overheating" is the same thing, it would overheat if pushed just a little.

Codrut Nistor

That's why I never considered "gaming laptops" to be more than just a marketing gimmick. Well, with just a few exceptions that often come with a lot of drawbacks (noise/lack of portability/pathetic battery life) to actually deliver the level of performance one would expect from a certain hardware setup.

S.Yu

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on November 24, 2022, 16:46:51That's why I never considered "gaming laptops" to be more than just a marketing gimmick. Well, with just a few exceptions that often come with a lot of drawbacks (noise/lack of portability/pathetic battery life) to actually deliver the level of performance one would expect from a certain hardware setup.
Well I had a look at how 3080ti does at 170W than at full TGP, it still has about 2/3 the performance, and I consider that acceptable already, but I don't consider 80W or even 110W acceptable for high tier cards in recent years, the loss below half TGP is basically linear but the price is nearly the same, which is ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview