News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone review: The camera star has problems

Started by Redaktion, November 21, 2022, 17:47:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei is once again offering a camera flagship in the Mate 50 Pro at a steep price this year. Variable aperture, optical zoom, high performance, a high-quality case and an OLED screen may well justify the price , but there is another problem...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Mate-50-Pro-smartphone-review-The-camera-star-has-problems.669547.0.html

Andrew Oster

QuoteThe screen and back are protected by Huawei's Kulun Glass

Is that a fact? According to Huawei, only the orange leather-clad version sports Kunlun glass, while these 256GB models have to make do with some other, unnamed glass.

QuoteHere, it would have been nice to also have access to the faux leather variants that are sold in Asia.

Lazy reporting. A cursory check reveals that said leather variants are also available in e.g. Poland and Romania, to name but a couple close to the writer's homebase.

Dannnys3

Does the screen have PWM dimming or not? Because you affirm both in the review!

omzig

"only the frame rate of 120 Hz was visible in our test with the oscilloscope, and no PWM was detected" - this is very peculiar finding, because official page (consumer.huawei.com-cn-phones-mate50-pro) states "1440 Hz PWM"

kiratzm

So, Verizion, AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, Minto, Tello, Ting, Cricket, U.S. Cellular, Cellular One Etc. will NOT work with the Chinese ( DCO-AL00 ) version of the phone.
IMEI check with their websites and you will find this phone has not been registered within their database and therefore will not work (even though technically this phone can, with some exceptions of incompatibility being verizion and the like)
I have found an answer after trying multiple sim cards (AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, Ting etc)
At 1st, the only viable option i found was buying a Chinese service meant for traveling overseas which cost $100+ a month for basic service)
The answer is Lyca mobile. 3 dollars for the sim, $40 for unlimited data plus full high-speed connectivity in the US.
Just wanted to put this out there because i could not find a solution ANYWHERE on the net before i found out the answer myself via trial & error. I consider this the best phone of 2022 hands down, and worth the fight to figure this out. And here is the affordable service that is compatible.

Im Also aware that the Mate 20, 30, 40 & P30,40 & 50 all work with some of the carriers that were mentioned that did not work for the new Mate 50 pro, so this information is for the DCO-AL00  only.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview