News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Abysmal RTX 4080 sales supposedly leave retailers with lots of cards in stock as buyers appear to want RTX 4090 instead

Started by Redaktion, November 21, 2022, 11:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GeForce RTX 4080 went on sale on November 16 with an MSRP of US$1,199. As it turns out, the high price tag may be putting consumers off as the newest report from hardware leaker Tom of the Moore's Law Is Dead YouTube channel alleges that, unlike previous GPU launches, many retailers have the RTX 4080 sitting in stock.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Abysmal-RTX-4080-sales-supposedly-leave-retailers-with-lots-of-cards-in-stock-as-buyers-appear-to-want-RTX-4090-instead.669300.0.html

vasyldefuk

Blablabla

Actually the card itself is awesome - 25-50% more performance (depending on resolution etc.) for a similar, or even lower power draw than RTX 3080 is nothing but amazing. And since it uses the same PCB size and cooler as 4090, the temps and noise are kept on low levels.

The problem is the lack of DP 2.0 and most of all the HORRENDOUS PRICE! After 2 years getting 50% more performance for a 70% higher MSRP is not something You'd call "progress".

Timmyty

Seems a bit conflicting where people are shunning the 4080 because of the high prices yet also, folk are buying out the 4090 with the even higher price.

SanitizeR

So this is why -

1. AMDs cards will be out shortly at a fraction of the cost plus they have HDMI 2.1 AND the latest display port standard that I'm disappointed Nvidia didn't bother to put on their expensive card. It just goes to show how out of touch Nvidia actually is.

2.for not much more a 4090 is a banging good deal if you've already got the credit limit ready to go. It would help a rig stay relatively top of the line for give or take 3 to 5 years from the time of purchase and allows you to move up to OLED monitors with the bells and whistles when you're ready.

3. Those who are waiting for the AMD launch are not 4090 buyers anyway. Even the 4080 isn't a good buy. 70% more in cost for less than half of that figure in performance the next 5 to 8 years of pc gaming. Get the AMD card and in two generations you'll be able to buy a new card to keep on rolling for the nearly same cost as ONE 4090.

If Nvidia can't get lower costs next Gen or sooner in the FABs they now call home, it will start killing off their buyers and the market where anything below a XX80Ti or even XX90 series. Why pay for one when you can get two for the same cost?

Louielouie65

I'm confused as I can't seem to find any RTX 4080 in stock outside of Ebay. Is this article accurate?

CW.

The only place you can find these cards at retail prices  is at a Micro Center, My local store had eleven different models an over a 100 cards on launch day, as of this writing they have 2 models and 21 cards left. If you waiting on Nvidia to lower their prices, don't hold your breath.

CW.

Blablabla

Quote from: Timmyty on November 21, 2022, 16:16:39Seems a bit conflicting where people are shunning the 4080 because of the high prices yet also, folk are buying out the 4090 with the even higher price.

4090 got mostly sold out during the first days of availability - people who buy those cards are not ones that care about price (or maybe professionals who need lots of GDDR memory and highest performance possible).

For the rest both 4090 and 4080 are just way overpriced, so...

Gudomlig

As of 9am on 11/22 Newegg looks like its out of stock or 3rd party retailers selling at prices close to 2K for the 4080. Why anyone would be 2k for a 4080 is a great mystery.

CinMN

So... where are these supposed stock piles of 4080 cards??? No... not scalped cards on ebay/amazon selling for far above the retail price, yeah... those ones, the ones selling at retail price. Oh, those are nowhere to be found... hmm...

I can't even buy a 3080ti for less than $1200 right now, doesn't matter what their retail price was if you can't get them for that. I would love a better card for the same price, SMH. What a trash article. Do some due diligence and actually look into what you're writing about please. There's a ton of builders like me that have been sitting on our hands waiting for a high end "retail priced" card, those were sold out in minutes.

Buscus

Still waiting for RTX 3080Ti prices to fall in Germany for the past 5 months. They are savages here

RobertJasiek

Was waiting in Germany for 3080 10GB to fall to MSRP from 2020-09-17 to 2022-04-30. Having been waiting for it to fall to 80%, then 70% MSRP afterwards. Prices are at 111% ~ 184% MSRP, for wanted cards excluding extremes at 125% ~ 140% MSRP. Still waiting on 2022-11-23.

Waiting for RTX 4000 with 8-pin connectors or 12VHPWR/16-pin to be replaced by a major redesign proved to be safe under all circumstances. Waiting for RTX 4090 / 4080 noise samples at maximum load for specified softwares and all models (currently, there are very few noise samples and the few mostly lack proper information of test conditions). Waiting for 4080 to be reduced by €520. Having no hope for 4070 TI to get reasonable MSRP, easy availability at that MSRP at all and at preferred stores in particular, and absence of fire hazards. Not to mention notebooks.

Nvidia, distributors, retailers and OEMs have been trying the hardest not to sell me any RTX 3000 or 4000.

Tricksy

The 4080 is NOT a good upgrade for 3080ti and upwards owners, The only people that would be looking at these cards are the poor sods who got their fingers burnt buying into the 2080's and supers. And then the 30's screwed them over.  As a 3080ti owner, this card is a pile of poo. It's only 30-40fps quicker in benchmark videos I've seen on YouTube.

DataMeister

Pretty much once you go over $1,000 you are in "get the best" category. No need to piddle around with second best.

The 4080 should have been released at $799 for the base model with overclocked versions filling the space up to $1,000.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview