News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 7 Pro review: Premium smartphone with stock Android

Started by Redaktion, November 19, 2022, 15:51:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Google Pixel 7 Pro is sticking to a proven formula, having improved in almost all areas. The price has remained stable and the update supply is again guaranteed for five years. Differences to the cheaper model are primarily related to the display and the cameras, but some are larger than expected.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-7-Pro-review-Premium-smartphone-with-stock-Android.669256.0.html

Adam222222

Nice review. Finally a review that takes signal strength seriously.

You wrote "An always-on function is available, but can only be configured to a very limited extent." Can you explain it more?
How much AOD impacts battery time?

Are there any options to wake up this phone without pressing power button? E.g. double tap on display or just by picking it up?

Ton

So this phone is almost as bad as the catastrophic failure its predecessor was and you actually pointed most od it out. And then you give it 89% note and slape a badge of excellence on this scam of the year.

davidm

Thanks for the Notebookcheck quality review, consistent and thorough. I hope you can extend this template into other areas, it's sorely needed considering most reviews are basically what the author felt writing that day, with no development of deeper device features.

I think the review should have included the Pixel software a little more, it's perhaps the reason to get this device, particularly the local-only features. But it is otherwise a very solid daily driver and computing companion with often excellent quality image capture (though sometimes too reliant on algorithms rather than technical ability) for people playing along with Google's ecosystem.

I like the device very much, although I find battery life to be surprisingly bad; it will sometimes lose 10% an hour doing nothing. I haven't put any work into figuring out the problem yet, but the Pixel 6 Pro I had previously seemed to have better battery life without any tweaking.

Jefferson

Quote from: Ton on November 20, 2022, 10:08:10So this phone is almost as bad as the catastrophic failure its predecessor was and you actually pointed most od it out. And then you give it 89% note and slape a badge of excellence on this scam of the year.

Hahaha. Who hurt you? It's a superb device that will perform beyond anything that YOU are capable of putting it through. Hahaha

Bogdan

Congratulations for the _very_ in depth review! Very useful.

Can you please tell me where can I download the waves background that you are using in the beginning of the article? :-)

Thank you!

Ulad

Have google fixed problem with cases? (all official cases became ugly after a year of usage) Where are unique fabric cases (like Pixel 5 had) or it's not possible to create them for this form factor? Hmm...front side of Pixel 7 Pro looks like Samsung but Samsung is cheaper, more functional and more comfortable to keep in one hand. Back side...if put phone in case looks crappy. So, even without reading review, i would prefer Apple or Samsung.

Michael Gill

Truly an in-depth review.  Well done.

I had my Pixel 7 Pro for just over a month and then the screen failed.

indy

The Google Store was having a Black Friday sale, $150 off, and a trade-in of my old Galaxy FE 20 for $400. So I was able to get this phone for $350.

I can't believe they valued my old phone at $400. On Swappa it's maybe worth half that?!

If they keep having these Black Friday sales it makes far more sense to just get a new phone with a trade--in each year.

Very happy with this phone. Rock solid and no preinstalled Samsung crapware. Finally!!!

AK1907

Quote from: Adam222222 on November 20, 2022, 06:34:44Nice review. Finally a review that takes signal strength seriously.

You wrote "An always-on function is available, but can only be configured to a very limited extent." Can you explain it more?
How much AOD impacts battery time?

Are there any options to wake up this phone without pressing power button? E.g. double tap on display or just by picking it up?

Dont know about AOD, but can be turned on by pressing anywhere on screen then unlocked by pressing on fingerprint area or just pressing on fingerprint area to turn on and unlock.

Olivenoire

I read (review on Amazon) that:
1. Analog headphones are no longer supported, even through a USB-C adaptor, is this true?
2. Two Google widgets are fixed on the home screen, Google Search Bar and the "live ads"?

Why is this not mentioned in the article?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview