News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G now on sale with a massive 51 percent discount on Amazon

Started by Redaktion, November 19, 2022, 09:12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sporting an integrated Radeon Vega 7 graphics adapter and shipping with the AMD Wraith cooler, the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor arrived on the market more than a year ago with a launch price of US$259. Now, Amazon is slashing that price in half so those interested can grab this part for just US$128.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600G-now-on-sale-with-a-massive-51-percent-discount-on-Amazon.669293.0.html

Juilo

The regular 5600 non-X is just a few dollars more with way better performance. GPU prices have also stabilized and falling a bit still, so you might as well get the regular 5600 and add a GPU for a much more powerful rig.

Codrut Nistor

iGPU builds are still a good way to go for many users. If you just need a system for office tasks and media consumption, I don't think that any dGPU on the market is worth its price.

kek

The only "big" issue is the lack of Pcie 4.

Sure, someone will say its overrated, but two years from now, you might want to take advantage of better storage speeds out of new nvme drives, or at least I would, since I keep my pcs for a while.

Its quite weird AMD never launched a "refresh" of these cpus with newer pci version. I know they are based on laptop design, but they could have ported some 6000 series to PC in the same way?

k

Codrut Nistor

I still use a SATA3 SSD drive on an ancient DiY build with a B75 mainboard that had an Intel Core i3-2120 at first that I upgraded to i5-3570S in the meantime. I don't feel that the storage is slow by any standard (unless I move data from the internal mechanical HDD to external storage or the other way around). You got a point, but for most users, the real-life difference between PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 storage should be irrelevant. 

Gigigiugiu

Where the f did u see that price? It's 125£ used on the link provided. Sick of f$&#$& s*** articles like this!

Goodsev

Just finished building my dad a PC with one of these. Perfect for the 3.3L Inwin Chopin mini-ITX case where I just want to use the integrated graphics. Better to grab the 5600 (non x) if you plan to use a larger case, and plan to get a GPU. As others mentioned, you get pcie4.0 and around 10% more performance for a similar price, but no integrated graphics.

Unknown

This isn't a deal, I purchased this same CPU a few months ago, I paid the same price.  And after the year ends it will most likely be the same price it is now.  Again this is not a deal.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview