News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 laptop graphics card is up to 30% faster than its predecessor on Puget Bench

Started by Redaktion, November 17, 2022, 09:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The laptop version of the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 has shown up on Puget Bench. Its GPU score maxed out at 57.4, over 30% faster than the GeForce RTX 3050's score of 43. The graphics card was running in a Samsung laptop with an Intel Core i7-13700H.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-4050-laptop-graphics-card-is-up-to-30-faster-than-its-predecessor-on-Puget-Bench.668907.0.html

NikoB

At the cost of more consumption, like the rest in the series. It's pointless. Consumption in each new generation should fall or, in the WORST case, not grow, but increase for performance! This is real progress.

Poster

Quote from: NikoB on November 17, 2022, 10:52:05At the cost of more consumption, like the rest in the series. It's pointless. Consumption in each new generation should fall or, in the WORST case, not grow, but increase for performance! This is real progress.

I agree. Same with Intel - increasing power consumption to great levels in their products to gain a advantage. What has happened to energy efficiency over the last few years in regards to Nvidia and Intel with their products? In contrast, laptop batteries have slowed in development where they are not growing in capacity to complement these battery drainers in order to have a meaningful battery life.
With AMD now, I see they haven't gone the excessive energy consumption route in order to get respectable gains in their products. Unfortunately, many consumers just care about the fastest and not overall best package for their needs. In my opinion, AMD wins on that.

Poster

The rtx 3050 series has been a disappointment in terms of overall performance. It was to be a 'refresh'  of the rtx 2060 which is miles over this and it is still bested by a 1660ti in many scenarios. Then they released an rtx 2050 which left many scratching their heads at the point of that iteration, going back two generations. So it's not that surprising that the new rtx 4050 should have modest gains over it's predecessor

NikoB

Do not forget about the price increase in NVIDIA by 71% MSRP and 38% in AMD relative to old series. In a compartment with an increase in consumption - a total degradation of the entire IT industry of processors and video chips is obtained. All civilization went the wrong way...

While I see progress in SSD (and mainly not with Western manufacturers, but due to the sharp growth of the production capacities of the Chinese on YMTC, which will soon be stolen soon) and staggering in place with DDR memory, which in reality should already cost 2 times cheaper Regarding the swamp that deliberately in an anti -competitive conspiracy has happened since 2016 and which the antimonopolists of all countries are closing their eyes for 6 years (apparently total corruption).

HDD, despite the need for more and large volumes, is continuously losing reliability and resource (server versions now declare no more than 550TB of exchange with a disk per year!).

What is further for humanity in terms of IT technologies, taking into account the growing intentional recession and stagflation, because Western countries are in non-pay debts? Dark age, centuries?

Fundamentally, no breakthroughs in the next 30 years are planned. And investments in science will now only fall and fall. Because there are 8 billion people on the planet and only 15% of them are productive in terms of the development of civilization and science. And everyone needs to feed, right? It will not be up to fat. And science is always from the point of view of the crowd is "fat" ...

Julian M

I initially thought the 4050 was going to be more or less equal to a 3060, as the traditional side-step works, but the 3050 was such a letdown that was not even close to the old 2060 leaves me wondering which predecessor the 4050 is getting compared to in the title.

dennisdr

The 4050 laptop 6gb version is one hell of a card. I dont say this often. I used this on my aio pc 32 inch i9 32gb version. It plays rage 2 on high settings 1080x 1920 without any hesitation for 19 hours now.

dennisdr

Quote from: dennisdr on August 08, 2023, 01:36:53The 4050 laptop 6gb version is one hell of a card. I dont say this often. I used this on my aio pc 32 inch i9 32gb version. It plays rage 2 on high settings 1080x 1920 60fps  without any hesitation for 19 hours now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview