News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Test HP EliteBook 845 G9 Laptop: Überzeugt auch mit Ryzen 5 PRO 6650U

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2022, 16:38:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP beweist mit dem EliteBook 845 G9, dass sich AMD aktuell keineswegs hinter Intel verstecken muss – im Gegenteil. Der 14-Zöller liefert trotz stromsparender Ryzen U- bzw. HS-CPU jede Menge Leistung.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-HP-EliteBook-845-G9-Laptop-UEberzeugt-auch-mit-Ryzen-5-PRO-6650U.667652.0.html

PhilTheDonald

Wichtig zu wissen wäre noch die Geschwindigkeit der USB 4 ports da die ja zwischen 20 und 40 gbts variieren können. Oder hab ich das überlesen?

NikoB

What can say about the "update" of the series? With a review late for more than six months?

I see a dramatic improvement in AMD's port set. It progress.
Good colorspace screen. BUT, I know that in retail in all countries, more than 90% of laptops this series sold (especially in the most popular and working size 15.6") come with screens that are lousy in terms of color reproduction. And again, the question is for HP, why is the screen at least not 144Hz? And why not 2.5K+?

We go further. The author diligently tests the laptop in single-channel mode, which again is meaningless without dual-channel mode. Today, NO person, except for alternatively gifted individuals, will use this model in single-channel mode. Everyone I know who bought this series immediately change ram to 32 or 64GB. Even for the 2021 series with 8Gb from factory. And here, with 1 bar with 16GB, as say, God himself ordered to immediately put another 16Gb.

After looking at the performance of the 6650U in the CBR15, I was quietly happy at the beginning +33% performance compared to the 5600U in the 2021 model, but when I saw the noise levels, I was immediately extremely disappointed. The laptop has become noisy, i.e. there is no real progress - the speed was given by a increase in TDP. Alas and ah...

So, if you want a relatively quiet machine, you're again better off with the 2021 model, but there won't be any USB40 ports. Otherwise, you won't really lose much, except for a slightly lower processor speed.

Yes, and here the 6650U is clearly stifled, as usual with HP, by about 15-20%, if it becomes possible to compare it with similar solutions from Lenovo.

It's been 2 years since HP (they simply have to) introduce normal screens from 2.5-4k (because no one is going to play on them) at 120Hz + to this series. For a high-quality picture in text / photo and surfing without porridge in front of your eyes at the time of scrolling.

How to improve cooling by reducing the noise back to the level of the 2021 model. And finally, remove the stupid location of the ports on the right (especially for 15.6 model) - I once again want to remind HP marketers that 90% of the planets are right-handed, and left-handers are in the minority. We have a democracy and the majority wins, right? Or is it a series for left-handers? In the end, remake the laptop and bring out the ports in the back, so that it is convenient for right-handed people and so hot for any left-handed people.

And to make the keyboard better in terms of tactile response, as well as to make the Esc, F1..F12 keys of full height.

Do I really want too much? Or is the price of this garbage clearly inadequate compared to the $1200 Legion 7 2021?

NikoB

By the way. I forgot to add that this "office" device now also has lost reliable 1Gb / s, RJ45 has also been removed. Although on the contrary, it was necessary to increase its speed to 5Gbps! Just a great upgrade!

NikoB

And apparently, in order to finally hammer the aspen stake into this series, HP removed a reliable and not protruding angled power plug from the edge. Now to break the usb-c power plug on the left, for a right-handed person, lying on a sofa or bed, with such a laptop (to have normal performance and not depend on the battery) and having legs on the left (obviously) is simply elementary. Bravo marketers and HP engineers!

Gobrel

Quote from: PhilTheDonald on November 16, 2022, 18:02:52Wichtig zu wissen wäre noch die Geschwindigkeit der USB 4 ports da die ja zwischen 20 und 40 gbts variieren können. Oder hab ich das überlesen?

Das steht auf der HP Seite:

2 USB4 Type-C-Anschlüsse mit Signalfrequenz von 40 GB/s (USB Stromversorgung, DisplayPort 1.4)

Camo

Mit welcher BIOS Version wurde das Gerät getestet? Auf der HP Webseite findet sich ein BIOS von Ende Oktober mit der Versionsnummer 01.03.01 Rev.A, im Changelog folgender Eintrag: "Reduces sysem fan noise". Wäre interessant zu wissen ob das Update was am Lüfterverhalten verbessert

Camo

Im Testfazit sind folgende zwei Punkte aufgelistet:

- Verarbeitung könnte noch besser sein
- Gehäuseboden neigt zum Klappern

Im Test wird auf beide Punkte gar nicht eingegangen. Wie kann etwas negativ sein, das im Test gar nicht thematisiert wird? Oder hab ich da was übersehen?

tlc

QuoteWeniger gut sieht es bei den Latenzen aus. Hier erzeugt der HP-Rechner den (negativen) Spitzenwert und bildet so das unrühmliche Schlusslicht.

Woran liegt das eigentlich? Lässt sich da mit Treiber-/Firmwareupdates evtl. noch etwas nachbessern?

LG

Wie kommt der Unterschied von 7 Prozentpunkten bei der Bewertung der Tastatur zwischen der hier getesteten Variante des Elitebook 845 G9 und der Variante mit Ryzen 9 Pro 6850HS zustande? Hier 89%, beim anderen Test 96%.

NikoB

Because these NB ratings are subjective, and not on an absolute scale based on some formalized base with measurements of mechanical properties. Therefore, it is better not to rely on all the estimates of NB testers, where there is no exact formalized digital data. And what's more, you shouldn't blindly trust digital data either. it is often seen that they are inadequate; there is some extraneous factor...

MichaelG

Gibt es einen 2ten SSD slot und wenn ja welche SSD kann dort verbaut werden?

Welchen RAM würdet ihr zum upgraden empfehlen?

Im Artikel wurde angegeben das der Laptop im Auslieferungsstand getestet wurde. Gibt es Software zur Kontrolle der Betriebszustände, Akku, intelligent, volle Leistung, o. ä.?

Aktuell ist das Notebook für ca 900 Eur zu kaufen. Um diesen Preis ein absolutes Highlight!

VG Michael

geli1982

Ja, es gibt einen zweiten Ram Slot. Der Ram ist nicht verlötet. Sehr gutes Notebook, ich habe es seit ca. 2 Wochen.

Im Test wurde die unterdurchschnittliche Grafikleistung bemängelt. Die schlechte Leistung liegt daran, dass nur ein Ram Modul eingebaut ist. Ich habe 2 x 16 GB Ram-Module eingebaut und die Grafikleistung stieg um über 50%.
Übrigens der gekaufte Kingston Fury SODIMM DDR5-5600er Ram läuft auf nur 4800 Mhz. Den Aufpreis für den schnelleren Ram könnt ich euch sparen, er wird nicht erkannt. Standardmäßig ist ein 8 GB Ram Modul mit 4800 Mhz drinnen, ohne Herstellerbezeichnung.

NikoB

If you replace the memory with faster ones, the speed of the memory will increase. But you need to change both at once, and you will have to either put the factory one somewhere else, or sell it or throw it away.

The higher the frequency of the memory modules, the faster they are on a regular 4800 by timings. Especially if you have access to the engineering BIOS. And this is now easy to do on all AMD laptops with a special flash drive (look for it on githab).

Peter R

@NikoB

interresting, but I can't find informations to this BIOS on github. Maybe u can give a link?
thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview