News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) tablet: Another power boost for Apple's creative tool

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2022, 15:59:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Apple iPad Pro has been the benchmark for professional tablets for years. Compared to the predecessor, the 2022 model gets another power boost from the Apple M2, but the differences are otherwise minimal. Has the small version of the professional tablet evolved sufficiently?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-11-2022-tablet-Another-power-boost-for-Apple-s-creative-tool.668660.0.html

NikoB

QuoteThe reference mode, which is supposed to offer even more precise color accuracy, is certainly interesting for professionals. However, this is only available on the 12.9-inch model, so buyers of the iPad Pro 11 are left out here

QuoteCameras – Average for a tablet

Contrast, though good, is so-so for glossy IPS.
The response time of the panel is terrible - in fact we have fake "120Hz", with a real frame redrawing speed of no more than 47-50Hz. However, this is understandable. A real panel with a response below 10ms (100Hz+) on a G2G/B2W would reduce the autonomy by a factor of 2. Then why is this a marketing lie, Apple?

The brightness is not enough for outdoor work.

Autonomy is clearly insufficient.

It is also probably impossible to use it from charging all the time, because the battery does not have a threshold for turning on charging, as in smartphones vs laptops, where such thresholds are configured programmatically, right?

So what, then, is the "professionalism" of this Apple product, the author?

Or maybe, to hell with this "professional" tablet from Apple, but it's better to add 150 euros from the minimum configuration of this "miracle" and buy Legion 7 2021, a really good and creative workplace? ;)

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on November 16, 2022, 17:46:25The response time of the panel is terrible - in fact we have fake "120Hz", with a real frame redrawing speed of no more than 47-50Hz. However, this is understandable. A real panel with a response below 10ms (100Hz+) on a G2G/B2W would reduce the autonomy by a factor of 2. Then why is this a marketing lie, Apple?

I understand the principle topic and roughly what you say but I am lost in some of your details. What do you mean by "reduce the autonomy by a factor of 2"? What, in this context, is autonomy?

NikoB

Quote from: RobertJasiek on November 16, 2022, 18:11:48What, in this context, is autonomy?
Because literally every review of laptops (and smartphones) indicates a sharp reduction in autonomy in a really fast response mode. Do you still not know this?

Mr Majestyk

I'm appalled this get s a 93% score when it's saddled by a usless OS for productivity. I got sick of seeing such a powerful tablet gimped by the OS and swapped it for a Macbook Air with M1 chip, which btw was far cheaper than a 12.9" Pro with M1 that didn't even come with keyboard or pencil. Good to be able to use a file system and mouse again. The more powerful the cpu in the iPad the more hamstrung they become. All they need do is give iPad Pro MacOS lite, add two usb-c ports and mouse support.But that will never happen. I wouldn't score this iPad more than 70% now.

Bareback

Quote from: RobertJasiek on November 16, 2022, 18:11:48
Quote from: NikoB on November 16, 2022, 17:46:25The response time of the panel is terrible - in fact we have fake "120Hz", with a real frame redrawing speed of no more than 47-50Hz. However, this is understandable. A real panel with a response below 10ms (100Hz+) on a G2G/B2W would reduce the autonomy by a factor of 2. Then why is this a marketing lie, Apple?

I understand the principle topic and roughly what you say but I am lost in some of your details. What do you mean by "reduce the autonomy by a factor of 2"? What, in this context, is autonomy?
You're talking to a regular forum lunatic. None of his gibberish means anything.

not_anton

Regarding idle power - a new or recently updated iPad seems to run a lot of background stuff. If you leave it for a couple days connected to power and WiFi, it should finish internal processes and drop to much lower values.
This happens consistently to all my Apple devices over last 5 years.

NikoB

When an opponent turns to insults, this is a sure sign that he is an idiot. Or a paid bot. =)

Digitalguy

These comments are an example of poor translation of a word into English leading to misunderstandings and even insults...
Autonomy is a bad translation for "battery life"

NikoB

All right. Sometimes I'm too lazy to edit the Google translator in order to once again demonstrate (and joke with pedants) the real level of "AI" from Google, which often cannot even understand the context of a paragraph or sentence. That even a small child understands. And these people still brazenly lied to the illiterate public about the fact that "soon" they will make a real autopilot. Good thing the VCs are finally sobering up...

Josh Murfield

I see that you have started testing devices for temporal dithering- which I think I am actually more sensitive to than PWM as I have tried different iPhones and iPads over the last couple of years. 

Do we have any idea as to whether this device has temporal dithering? 

In the store I tested out a few models- the Air 5th generation and the 10th generation "regular" iPad, and it was interesting that my eyes did well with the 10th generation, but on the Air- I didn't get eye strain or a headache, but my eyes were feeling dry with a slight burning sensation, and were watering a bit. 

I've experienced this on the 11" M1 Pro as well when I tested that out.... but did not get to test the M2 11" pro in the store.

And on the topic of M2 iPad Pros- does the miniLED in the 12.9" work in a completely different way, where it would absolutely not use temporal dithering (similar to how OLED devices don't have it)?  Or is there still a chance that could be at play on those?

Vaclav

Is there really an optical image stabilizer? I thought iPad Pro has been lacking it for some generations (since Apple even stopped mentioning it in the device specifications).

Rasoul

Hi, I am going to Buy a new ipad pro, 2021 or 2022 models, I Use my ipad for reading and note taking for several hours. 🤓
So for me it's important to have device without PWM and Temporal Dithering.😵�💫
You Test PWM for all devices but you just test TD for new Devices and Specific There is no test for 2021 ipads.😔
Can you Update your 2021 ipad pro with testing temporal dithering?🥺
The ipad pro 11 2022 model have TD so definitely i will not Buy it☠️
The 12.9 2022 doesn't have TD but have 6khz PWM it should not be problem for me.🙃
The 11 2021 Doesn't have PWM But there is no Information about TD🧐
The 12.9 2021 Have 20KHz PWM and it's ok because 20khz is enough high for me, But There is no Information about TD.🧐
Please do me a favor🥺, Test 2021 Ipad pro to see do they have TD or not, If it's Possible also test them before and after update Ipad OS Because I Read users that they get headache after update their ipad os, Looks like apple enable TD in new versions of ipad os for old ipad🤔

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview