News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Electric cars are now the second least reliable vehicle category in the US as Tesla climbs to make it in the top 20

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2022, 13:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Despite that Tesla has climbed four places in an annual vehicle reliability ranking that has been helmed by Toyota and Lexus for a good while now, it is still occupying the 19th place among the top 20 most reliable car brands in the US. Consumer Reports notes that EVs are now 'the second least reliable category' of vehicles.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Electric-cars-are-now-the-second-least-reliable-vehicle-category-in-the-US-as-Tesla-climbs-to-make-it-in-the-top-20.668695.0.html

Hunter2020

Tesla the Apple of EVs.  Only hipsters buy them to show off.  No sane or rich person sees them as objects of envy.  Just like Apple iPhones are only second or third rate to Huawei, most people yawn when hearing about Tesla EVs.

John Mick

Quote from: Hunter2020 on November 16, 2022, 16:43:33Tesla the Apple of EVs.  Only hipsters buy them to show off.  No sane or rich person sees them as objects of envy.  Just like Apple iPhones are only second or third rate to Huawei, most people yawn when hearing about Tesla EVs.

You sound like a jaded mustang owner that got smoked by a Tesla golf cart.

James P

[/quote]

You sound like a jaded mustang owner that got smoked by a Tesla golf cart.
[/quote]

Smoked by a tesla, lol.  You mean the car that can't even do 1 lap on the Nuremberg without overheating?

Will

60yo and Tesla has been the best car I've ever owned, adding another to the garage next year. OurTesla has been steller.

Bruce

I call BS. This reeks of a fossil industry hit job. 110k miles on what is widely claimed to be the most trouble prone EV. So far I have replaced tires, wiper blades, a 12v battery and a ball joint.
The days of people believing this crap are thankfully numbered.

Veronix

Quote from: Bruce on November 19, 2022, 15:14:37I call BS. This reeks of a fossil industry hit job. 110k miles on what is widely claimed to be the most trouble prone EV. So far I have replaced tires, wiper blades, a 12v battery and a ball joint.

It's called reality, there are countless complaints of Teslas failing in the most face palming ways because of shoddy inconsistent quality and over engineered parts that fail that regular cars do not experience.

Veronix

Quote from: Will on November 19, 2022, 07:36:0960yo and Tesla has been the best car I've ever owned, adding another to the garage next year. OurTesla has been steller.

Apparently you have never owned a Lexus and Accura or even Toyota and Honda,  which are known to run up to 500k-1m miles without having to replace the original parts, because they are well made.

You probably had a Chevy, dodgeor one of the European unreliable cars.

I have yet to see Teslas reach 500k to 1m miles.

Veronix

Quote from: Hunter2020 on November 16, 2022, 16:43:33Tesla the Apple of EVs.  Only hipsters buy them to show off.  No sane or rich person sees them as objects of envy.  Just like Apple iPhones are only second or third rate to Huawei, most people yawn when hearing about Tesla EVs.

EVs are an immature technology because the manufacturing of those batteries creates 17.5 tons of carbon dioxide for smaller batteries and even more for larger.

Tesla owners also use electricity generated from coal plantsand other carbon emitting sources.

While combustion engines Emmit 45 metric tons over 160,000 of running the car.

Tesla owners virtual signal that they are doing something for the environment, where they are simply not.

As long as we continue to make batteries that create pollution, EV technology will be a half gap measure.

One promising technology is the hydrogen fuel cell, as hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. One we figure out how to extract it effortlessly this technology will take off.

Randall

Quote from: Veronix on November 19, 2022, 16:46:04
Quote from: Bruce on November 19, 2022, 15:14:37I call BS. This reeks of a fossil industry hit job. 110k miles on what is widely claimed to be the most trouble prone EV. So far I have replaced tires, wiper blades, a 12v battery and a ball joint.

It's called reality, there are countless complaints of Teslas failing in the most face palming ways because of shoddy inconsistent quality and over engineered parts that fail that regular cars do not experience.

Like bad brakes on Toyotas? Bad transmissions on Nissans CVT? Bad engines in a ton of Jags?

The number of EV models is much lower, and this article even says "the brand rode on the laurels of..." and then names a few models.

I won't argue that EVs are not as developed as a whole system as other cars, but we use electric engines for darn near everything that spins that we want to spin and beat the crap out of.

Gas power drill? Didn't think so. All EV manufacturers need to step up on build quality, but every major manufacturer is moving to EV.

I've been driving a Leaf and a model 3 for 3 years in Minnesota through the worst weather, and the only issue so far is a tire that blew out because it had a flaw.

0 times to a shop in 3 years.

As for anyone saying they haven't seen teslas hitting 1m miles, Google it. There's literally a guy in northern Europe that has YouTube videos on it.

People need to stop just believing everything they read and spouting it back as fact. Look into it and try it yourself, and when your only complaint after 12 months is "Well, the panel gaps are still ugly," then we can get to the bottom of what "quality issue" metrics need to address. I've seen 1 Tesla on the side of the road ever. Mine, after the tire exploded.

Arizona

Matty

When a single tesla catches fire on the other side of the planet it makes national news. Ford has 6 or 7 million recalled vehicles this year alone. Over 3 times more than tesla,  but at the end of this article it conrtadics the headline, poorly written hit piece.

Glenn Cornwall

I live in Tesla land;Kenmore Washington. I've seen literally hundreds of Tesla driving around my area,with several people that I know of that own Tesla's. I have yet to hear one complaint. One thing is for certain I have noticed the build quality has gone up considerably. All the Tesla that I have seen no matter what model it has been the panel gaps are great,especially over the past year.And as far as reliability is concerned it's been great.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview