News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Orange Pi 5 lands for US$60 with Rockchip RK3588S and 4 GB of LPDDR4X RAM

Started by Redaktion, November 15, 2022, 15:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pre-orders have opened for Orange Pi 5, the company's latest single-board computer. Equipped with 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM, the Orange Pi 5 also features the Rockchip RK3588S chipset. At launch, the Orange Pi 5 supports OrangePi OS, Android 12 and Debian 11.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Orange-Pi-5-lands-for-US-60-with-Rockchip-RK3588S-and-4-GB-of-LPDDR4X-RAM.668640.0.html

cardich

A computer without an operating system is as useful as a stone. I think I'll stay with Raspberry Pi 4 with Ubuntu 22.04.

Senior x

OrangePi OS, Android 12 and Debian 11 aren't operating systems? Hmm, we'll have to agree to disagree that. Oh and good luck finding a raspberry pi of any kind in today's market.

Freddie

Quote from: cardich on November 16, 2022, 06:57:17A computer without an operating system is as useful as a stone. I think I'll stay with Raspberry Pi 4 with Ubuntu 22.04.

You obviously haven't read or understood the article correctly. The unit can run Android or Linux from an SD card same as a Raspberry Pi, which are currently rarer than Rocking horse pooh.

Pipeepee

Quote from: Freddie on November 17, 2022, 11:17:45
Quote from: cardich on November 16, 2022, 06:57:17A computer without an operating system is as useful as a stone. I think I'll stay with Raspberry Pi 4 with Ubuntu 22.04.

You obviously haven't read or understood the article correctly. The unit can run Android or Linux from an SD card same as a Raspberry Pi, which are currently rarer than Rocking horse pooh.

Normally I would agree.  But I have an older orange pi and software support is in the toilet.   It's worthless.

Massimo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview