News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung causes new problems for Galaxy Watch4 series smartwatches with latest software update designed to fix critical issue

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2022, 17:29:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung has released a new update for the Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic to fix a major issue that it introduced with last month's software update for the pair. Rolling out as GVK4, the new update includes a 'power operation-related stabilisation code' to prevent units from bricking when they power off. Unfortunately, it seems that the new update causes other issues for the Galaxy Watch4 generation.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-causes-new-problems-for-Galaxy-Watch4-series-smartwatches-with-latest-software-update-designed-to-fix-critical-issue.667994.0.html

Daniel Ridenhour

Its funny I have a galaxy watch 4 new in the box... didn't start using it last month because of the bricking update and looks like this month is similar.  Wondering when I'll actually risk powering the thing on.  Samsung you're slipping here.

Omair

Do you have a way of returning it? If so just power it on. You likely won't have issues. If you do in the off chance, send it back or exchange it for something else. Best of luck. 

Mcwong

Updated my watch 4 to GVK4 yesterday without problems. Manually restarted twice to confirm it didn't brick. There is no way to abandon the update once downloaded, 2 options-either install immediately or later tonight so I chose install now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview