News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Luminar Neo Upscale AI vs. Topaz Gigapixel AI: How good is Skylum's new AI upscaling app

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2022, 16:04:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Skylum recently launched Upscale AI – an extension for Luminar Neo. We previewed the artificial intelligence solution and compare it with the well-established competitor Gigapixel AI.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Luminar-Neo-Upscale-AI-vs-Topaz-Gigapixel-AI-How-good-is-Skylum-s-new-AI-upscaling-app.667956.0.html

BrainBeat

Thanks for the article I have been looking at both packs probably more for the denoise and focus fixing than the upscale. I have been using Luminaries neo on and off this year and so was thinking about their options but seeing it is more expensive I am not sure about they are the best option.

On a side note lightroom and Photoshop both have ai upscalers too and would have been worth looking at. I would have found it better to show the same slices in the comparisons too.

Mr Majestyk

Not even a contest. Neo's app is so primitive it's laughable. At least compare it to say On1 Resize AI and Adobe super-resolution.

DavidP

Thanks for sharing your findings. I also think that seeing the same slice side by side would have made it easier to compare. Still, it's clear that Luminar has a way to go before they become a serious alternative to Topaz. I feel that the added cost of Luminar extensions is taking it a step too far for what you get when compared to most established alternatives. Maybe in time they'll be viable.

Droooooowly

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview