News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Reports estimate that Arm-based laptop market share is to increase in coming years, could reach 13.9% in 2023

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2022, 13:49:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 2023 predictions are based mostly on Apple's success with the M-powered MacBooks, and, to a lesser extent, on the considerable performance uplift seen by Windows-on-Arm systems sporting Qualcomm's Snapdragon chips. Chromebooks would also play a part, but not that significant.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Reports-estimate-that-Arm-based-laptop-market-share-is-to-increase-in-coming-years-could-reach-13-9-in-2023.667359.0.html

WaitWhat

Alder Lake is fairly competitive against any ARM offering so far. I think prior to Alder Lake ARM chips had a chance but 12th Gen Intel chips brought HUGE uplifts in performance and efficiency.
Alder Lake P beats M1 Pro/Max (with similar power draw)
Alder Lake U beats M2 (with similar power draw) while 8cx Gen 3 is nowhere near them

AMD is the real threat in my opinion. They win in the U series and if they can get better performance scaling in their H series they have a clear win over Intel.

Hunter2020

Bring it ON.  For me Windows died after 8.1.  Became gigantic spyware that mines user data and/or invades privacy.  Harmony OS on ARM, Deepin OS on ARM.  I am looking at ya!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview