News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nokia 2780 Flip launches with USB Type-C connectivity, long battery life and a clamshell design

Started by Redaktion, November 03, 2022, 17:12:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HMD Global has announced the Nokia 2780 Flip, a new feature phone based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 platform. Equipped with two displays and a 1,450 mAh battery, the Nokia 2780 Flip also has a microSD card reader and an LTE modem, all for US$89.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nokia-2780-Flip-launches-with-USB-Type-C-connectivity-long-battery-life-and-a-clamshell-design.666281.0.html

AladdinSane

I wish Nokia would develop a flip ANDROID phone instead of using KAIOS, which I don't care for. A phone to retail under a hundred dollars with Google Assistant would be great, but this latest release from NOKIA is tepid to say the least. Sorry, but I'll pass on it!

Bareback

Customer reviews are right on feature phones. Attractive as they are, especially given the price, KaiOS is still a janky mess, and their build quality can be described as 'flimsy' at best. Designed and built in China by an OEM you've never heard of; that's all the budget allows.
But my biggest gripe is how quickly battery dies on a 4G phone, compared to GSM. A 2G Xenium would last you a month on 1,000 mAh: that's just 4 Wh capacity. LTE network, however, would MELT this small thing... Thanks, Qualcomm.

Basically, as feature- and smart-phones converge, there's fewer and fewer reasons to choose former.
And with this little R&D? I'm worried that in time, their sole selling point would be reduced to a gimmick.
"Can yours flip like this"?!

Jason Jones

Kaios is based on Firefox not on Google. Google joined with Kaios because they knew Kaios was gaining a lot of traction. I think Kaios is a good low end operating system. Nokia has done a great job filling this section of the market. Google and Apple has too much power.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview